Power folding wing mirrors from Travelinlite

SAF1981

Diver
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello. I've purchased some T6 power folding wing mirrors from Travelinlite.
I'm at a sticking point with accessing the required ignition/live wires behind the lower dash panels because I can't find where the lower black trim comes off.
Has anyone fitted them before or know how I remove the lower black internal trim so I can feed and tap in the new wing mirrors.
I've attached pictures of the section I'm trying to remove. The OBD is slotted into it as a reference
Cheers

IMG_20230113_110029.jpg

IMG_20230113_110010.jpg

IMG_20230113_110020.jpg

IMG_20230113_110018.jpg

Where are you tapping into for the ignition live?
If it's the BCM you don't need to remove that panel to access the connector.

Thats part of the dash it doesnt come off to get at wiring

From the instructions it looks like they've been able to remove that trim panel away. This is the part showing where they're tapping into the ignition live....
Also the module itself is slotted behind the panel with clear access to the hose housing to the drivers side to route the wiring to the wing mirror

Screenshot_2023-01-13-13-14-20-989_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-13-13-14-16-273_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-13-13-13-46-681_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-13-13-13-38-816_com.android.chrome.jpg

It says T5.1 on that last shot, could that be the issue?

Interested to see a write up on the installation on this as I’ve been looking at this kit for 3 years now!

Did you get it with the folding mirrors or did you buy those separately?

Interested to see a write up on the installation on this as I’ve been looking at this kit for 3 years now!

Me too !!

Yes the instructions are for both T6 and T5. Its more the the access to wiring and being able to feed the wires through the door housing. That lower dash trim obstructs and appears to have been removed in the instructions.
Yes Travelinlite sell the all the kit required so the folding wing mirrors, caps of your choice (primed, carbon, black etc) the module, new folding switch for door control and wiring required. You do need to replace your original wing mirrors with the power folding mirrors and connect the GPS, dab antenna.
Tip. Wait till a bank holiday or Easter, Travelinlite always give discount codes around those periods. I got £45 off.

I believe the folding mirrors they supply are not OEM. Are they and if not is the quality good?

I seem to remember having an issue getting wiring into the dash from the A pillar side through the route I wanted but sorry I can’t help with your issue. I think I went down then up from underneath

Yes the instructions are for both T6 and T5. Its more the the access to wiring and being able to feed the wires through the door housing. That lower dash trim obstructs and appears to have been removed in the instructions.
Yes Travelinlite sell the all the kit required so the folding wing mirrors, caps of your choice (primed, carbon, black etc) the module, new folding switch for door control and wiring required. You do need to replace your original wing mirrors with the power folding mirrors and connect the GPS, dab antenna.
Tip. Wait till a bank holiday or Easter, Travelinlite always give discount codes around those periods. I got £45 off.
The instructions were written using a T5.1 as the pictured vehicle. The dashboards are very different so you won't have the same accessibility with a T6.

Do you have the link or a copy of the original instructions as I’ve lost mine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They're on the box as a QR scan. They're are simple enough to install. Red and black to each wing mirror into block at point 11 and 12.
Yellow to the new switch point 9. It's the only one free
Violet to violet on motor
Blue and yellow to blue and yellow on motor
Earth black to bolt on frame.
Ignition live tap in to fuseboard
Live tap in to fuse board.
Secure module with cable ties.

They're on the box as a QR scan. They're are simple enough to install. Red and black to each wing mirror into block at point 11 and 12.
Yellow to the new switch point 9. It's the only one free
Violet to violet on motor
Blue and yellow to blue and yellow on motor
Earth black to bolt on frame.
Ignition live tap in to fuseboard
Live tap in to fuse board.
Secure module with cable ties.
Thanks for this. Found the QR code, been months since I first opened the box’s! Where did you mount your control box, I’m looking under the dash drivers side?

Thanks for this. Found the QR code, been months since I first opened the box’s! Where did you mount your control box, I’m looking under the dash drivers side?
Behind the fuse board under the gear stick. I used some Gorilla double sided tape along one side and pressed it against the plastic surface and it's held. I couldn't access behind the dash on the drivers side. It's convenient where I've put it. Use some wire loom tape to keep it tidy as there are quite a few wires and length.
If you need any tips or direction just message me

Where I've circled is where I've stuck it with double sided Gorilla tape. The arrow is the module behind the fuse board, gear stick column

IMG_20230219_153829.jpg

Back