Replace or repair mirror cover t6.1?

borat

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Had a coming together with a big camper van this weekend and it smashed the mirror glass and knocked the colour coded cover off. The clips on the cover are broken so it won’t snap back on. Any thoughts on whether it could be glued on? If not, are the aftermarket covers or replacement mirrors any good (eg from veedubs)? I can’t find an OEM replacement cover anywhere.

Thanks

Last edited:
All parts are available as pattern parts, Google search. There is no limit really on what can be glued and lets face it you don’t have much to lose in trying.
Mirror covers come primed so spraying to match is going to cost extra. You could opt for carbon fibre effect or just plain black.

All parts are available as pattern parts, Google search. There is no limit really on what can be glued and lets face it you don’t have much to lose in trying.
Mirror covers come primed so spraying to match is going to cost extra. You could opt for carbon fibre effect or just plain black.
Thanks and by pattern parts you mean the likes of the ones sold by veedubs? I wasn’t sure on quality or fit of these but if they are going to fit well I may as well try that

I paid £25 for a new pattern mirror cover, already sprayed, from Clean Dubs. It's indistinguishable from the OEM part on the other side.

I paid £25 for a new pattern mirror cover, already sprayed, from Clean Dubs. It's indistinguishable from the OEM part on the other side.
Thanks. They were out of stock but found some at veedubs instead and mirror glass. Fingers crossed they are good quality!

In the hand, the OEM ones probably feel better, but once they're on the van, who cares? Round my way they are basically a consumable, the number of times they get knocked off.

I had the same the week before last - got the complete mirror unit from Vanstyle. Very happy with it

My left wing mirror was smashed and I'm trying to assess the damage. The plastic covers are now missing and also the glass. The electrics still appear to be working ok.

I've taken some pics from every angle below.

I'm hoping that it's just a matter of sourcing new plastic covers (top and bottom) and also the glass.

My van is a T6.1 (70 reg) SWB Kombi. I believe the colour is Indium Grey.

My questions are:
  • Is there any obvious further damage that I'm missing, or anything that might trip me up when fitting the new parts?
  • Is there any difference between T5, T6 and T6.1 wing mirror parts that I need to be aware of before ordering?
Thanks for your help :)

IMG_3575.JPGIMG_3574.JPGIMG_3573.JPGIMG_3572.JPGIMG_3576.JPGIMG_3577.JPGIMG_3578.JPGIMG_3579.JPGIMG_3580.JPGIMG_3581.JPGIMG_3582.JPG

Last edited:
Back