Wind deflectors... which ones?

I've had several sets of Team Heko wind deflectors on different vans. The last set came with some very clear instruction of fitment. They are a very solid fit now and I'm very happy with them.

Do you find the Heko noisier than the OEM? Be interested if it’s the same for you.
To be honest @Skyliner33, I think it's too early to say. I never got above 55mph this morning..... And when I'm on the motorway, I tend to sit at 60 ish in the inside line..... Certainly if this morning is anything to go by, no, I've not noticed anything yet. Next week will be more of a test when I'll be spending some time on the A1 and I engage warp drive to take me to 60/65mph. What I will say is this:
I'm happy with the quality
I'm happy with the fit
I'm chuffed with the look.
The stick on vw ones look sh+t and mine started to peel away after about 2 years. They were a pig to remove.... Or more to the point, the adhesive was!
I have ordered some extra metal clips of fleabay just incase there's any movement. Sorry mate for the long winded answer but bottom line is I'm very happy 25 miles in to my "radical" van conversion! :)

To be honest @Skyliner33, I think it's too early to say. I never got above 55mph this morning..... And when I'm on the motorway, I tend to sit at 60 ish in the inside line..... Certainly if this morning is anything to go by, no, I've not noticed anything yet. Next week will be more of a test when I'll be spending some time on the A1 and I engage warp drive to take me to 60/65mph. What I will say is this:
I'm happy with the quality
I'm happy with the fit
I'm chuffed with the look.
The stick on vw ones look sh+t and mine started to peel away after about 2 years. They were a pig to remove.... Or more to the point, the adhesive was!
I have ordered some extra metal clips of fleabay just incase there's any movement. Sorry mate for the long winded answer but bottom line is I'm very happy 25 miles in to my "radical" van conversion! :)
No need to apologise for the long answer. Much appreciated. My thoughts are pretty much the same. Much better looking than OEM.
Mine also had started to come away slightly. Although I can’t see why as the stuff was so hard to remove. I’m sure they won’t move even without extra clips. I have found there is more wind noise because the clips prevent the glass sealing properly so causing the wind noise.

No need to apologise for the long answer. Much appreciated. My thoughts are pretty much the same. Much better looking than OEM.
Mine also had started to come away slightly. Although I can’t see why as the stuff was so hard to remove. I’m sure they won’t move even without extra clips. I have found there is more wind noise because the clips prevent the glass sealing properly so causing the wind noise.

Ah....now there's a thing @Skyliner33....tonight when I was coming home, I thought I could hear some wind noise. My first thought was that it was actually very windy and it was the wind direction that was causing the additional noise.....and then I thought about the windows not quite sealing! It wasn't noticeable when I was listening to the radio, and you know what, I still prefer them to the stick on ones.....the real test will be next week when I do some motorway driving.:thumbsup:

Ah....now there's a thing @Skyliner33....tonight when I was coming home, I thought I could hear some wind noise. My first thought was that it was actually very windy and it was the wind direction that was causing the additional noise.....and then I thought about the windows not quite sealing! It wasn't noticeable when I was listening to the radio, and you know what, I still prefer them to the stick on ones.....the real test will be next week when I do some motorway driving.:thumbsup:
Let me know :thumbsup:

I had the Climair ones on my old T5.1 and once fitted never had any problems in the 5 years they were fitted. However, one thing that draws me away from them is having to drill a hole in the wing mirror plastic trim to enable one of the wind deflector clips to be screwed into place

Okay @Skyliner33..... Here's my in depth technical analysis as primised! I think there is a little more wind noise.....I'm sure wind direction is a factor too believe it or not. I think those hideous vw stick ons that I removed also generated a bit of noise though. I have to say though that even at warp speed, (70 mph your honour) just for you I might add, with the radio on, it just wasn't an issue. They look great.... You don't have to drill holes....they don't cost a lot....and you can always remove them easily, unlike the vw ones which took a couple of hours to remove completely. In fairness, I didn't try them with the windows down but they feel solid to me. I did buy 4 extra clips though just in case. Would I buy them again.... Absolutely. Hope that helps bruv? :thumbsup:

I’m in the same boat , I have double checked they are fitted correctly and I still get wind noise that bugs me at the moment .
Drivers side almost sounds like the window is not shut . And the clips are defo pushed all the way in .
Their days are numbered !
Sorry to bring up a old thread. Did you get anywhere with the wind noise. Fitted mine yesterday and used the van today for work and the wind noise was annoying me. They seem to be fitted correctly and the clips fully in but it was bugging me on motorway

There is a bit more wind noise. Whether that is outweighed by the benefits (for us, able to leave the window slightly open when camping) is really up to you.

Pete

Sorry to bring up a old thread. Did you get anywhere with the wind noise. Fitted mine yesterday and used the van today for work and the wind noise was annoying me. They seem to be fitted correctly and the clips fully in but it was bugging me on motorway

I took mine off in the end . I couldn’t handle the slight whistle in my ear ! I removed and Re- fitted them . Still the same .Not for me & for general driving as I have the window shut 99% of the time .
Maybe if you drive round with the window open or smoke !

I kept them for camping use if required.

I had the Climair ones on my old T5.1 and once fitted never had any problems in the 5 years they were fitted. However, one thing that draws me away from them is having to drill a hole in the wing mirror plastic trim to enable one of the wind deflector clips to be screwed into place

Hi there,

I've fitted climair ones to my T6.1 California. But had my windows tinted last week, so temp. removed them for the tint job.
My window tinter told me that they are a great piece of kit, BUT on the end they will always scratch the window glass (outside).
Did you notice any scratching on the windows?

Another thing that crossed my mind, was that the side touching the glass wasn't verry smooth. Could it hurt if i sanded it a bit?
The side that goes into the window rubbers is verry smooth (machined).

greetings

Heko all day long, just fitted mine to my new van, had the stick on ones on my T5.1. A marked improvement on the old ones, more stylish and in keeping with the vans over all look.

Does anyone find their team heko deflectors work their way loose?
fotted with the clips and double sided tape

Yes.

But you can get additional clips to stop that..

I've got 6x clips each side..

Available at both popular online retailers =)

The double sided tape failed on mine. Replaced with some more effective and weather resistant tape.
Just fitted some to my T-Cross as well but replaced their tape first.

Does anybody get issues with the anti-crush using wind deflectors?
My one-touch needs resetting about every other time I open and close a window - a major pain !!

Back