Which VCDS cable?

Just after a bit of direction and reassurance please from you senior vcds users?

Is the ross tech the only vcds cable available, is it correct for t6 euro 6 vehicles, is it the way to go....

Yes, hex can USB now V2, on a laptop running windows perfect.. Eu 5 & Eu 6 versions covered.. Carista £35 ish, on phone or iPad for viewing if need use of VCDS, ability to pay as you go access if needs, BUT nowhere as powerful as VCDS get it from rosstech or gendan, lifetime updates etc.. Get the unlimited vers.. Keep forever then with no further costs.. Do NOT get the £40 bay copy... Support the OE maker to keep what you will find useful going.. Free updates and support..

thanks dave.

have you heard of ilexia......uk distributor......

several "genuine" used items on eBay...why would you sell it??

I think I went to Gendan who are UK agents.. I just paid what they wanted, as the mods will have paid for it.. I always look at it that if you do another car for someone that is not on forum, you charge them £20 for the experience... I wouldn't sell mine for anything, and for the support you get etc its worth it.. You register it ifrc and then get updates free for life, and it works on non vag vehicles...

hi great I've bought the 10 version from Gedan ..... i see i can update it to unlimited of i require it at a later date........

That sounds good.. You wont regret getting it mate.. Good company that allows you to upgrade to unlimited then...

top work Pauly thats what was missing. You never quite know who's who and what to believe or trust .......

Want non vag stuff can vcds these days?
Let stick to english lol
It will communicate with any vehicle with an OBD port and read/reset fault codes but only at a basic level, you cant drill down or interrogate the codes, used it on a transit and it gave me the codes which i then googled to confirm the issue (which surprisingly was EGR related)

Last edited:
apologies, I was using the wife's mobile earlier... Not sure why but without my own keyboard app I was really struggling!

I've just spent 40 minutes sat in my van freezing my arse off waiting for vcds to update on my laptop, only to be told that my van isn't supported by my current cable!

I've currently got an unlimited vin HEX+CAN cable, but what cable do I need to upgrade to that will work with my T6.1?

Back