VCDS HEX-V2 red flashing light!

Clyro

VIP Member
Hi can anyone help? I have a hex-v2 and have used it in the past to code in RVC but after trying to update the firmware it started flashing red. It seems to update to the latest version and light starts flashing green but when I do the test I get the message interface not found. It's over a year old and out of warranty but it looks like it may be bricked.

Are you doing the fw update with it plugged into a van, so it's powered.

Or just via USB?

Hi can anyone help? I have a hex-v2 and have used it in the past to code in RVC but after trying to update the firmware it started flashing red. It seems to update to the latest version and light starts flashing green but when I do the test I get the message interface not found. It's over a year old and out of warranty but it looks like it may be bricked.
have you updated the firmware AND VCDS? Is it a genuine cable?

Perhaps this will help you.
Thanks Robert

Already followed the instructions on this video. It seems to update the firmware the red light goes off and green one comes on but apart from that it does not go any further ie test results in usb OK but interface not found.

have you updated the firmware AND VCDS? Is it a genuine cable?
Thanks salty

Genuine cable bought front gendan, vcds current update but it's the firmware that doesn't seem to take, it looks OK but won't let me go any further.

Are you doing the fw update with it plugged into a van, so it's powered.

Or just via USB?
Thanks Dellmassive

Just via USB, I'll try plugging into van

Thanks Robert

Already followed the instructions on this video. It seems to update the firmware the red light goes off and green one comes on but apart from that it does not go any further ie test results in usb OK but interface not found.
Have you tried it in a different vehicle to ensure it’s nothing to do with your obd port.
Mine (old hexcan) has problems with my obd port and Chris at Dav-Tec had the same problem using his VCDS cable in the port on my van. I think mine is either dirty or a dodgy connection somewhere. Worth a try to eliminate the port.

Thanks for all the input and help. The firmware update has now taken on the Hex-V2 dongle and now get the normal blue flashing lights. The team at ross tech couldn't understand why firmware wasn't taking and suggested I try on another PC as they suspected a firewall issue and hey presto it worked and just for reference it only needs plugged into USB for interface to be recognised and for firmware update.

Back