Which Jump Starter?

Well my van has been sitting outside for 11 days not used once. Went to her this morning and remote locks did nothing. Had to open the drivers door with the actual key! Struggled to find an earth but once found the LED lights started to move on the NOCO. Alarm sounded and the dash came alive, turned her straight over and started.

Noco GB70, 204 DSG 4MOTION Diesel.

VW Assist on the way I need them to give the battery a quick check. So far thumbs up from the noco.
Big thanks to @Dellmassive for suggesting the gb70 the best cost/performance.

Another very good point that my wife made is that these things need to be accessible from the main body of the van. I couldn't open the passenger, side or rear doors, everything was deadlocked!

Last edited:
Moll Battery? I just had mine changed...

Also worth considering a BM2 if you are interested in the state of charge of your battery - another tip from Dellmassive....

My GB70 was used a couple of times before I got VW assist out and actually needed to get to work!

Moll Battery? I just had mine changed...

Also worth considering a BM2 if you are interested in the state of charge of your battery - another tip from Dellmassive....

My GB70 was used a couple of times before I got VW assist out and actually needed to get to work!

The starter's a Varta AGM 800 I think. Calling dealer tomorrow about doing their tests and hoping for a replacement under warranty.

Just tried my GB70 which was full charged a couple of week ago, when connected the boost LED came on but nothing when I turned the key, waited 30+ seconds still nothing
Connected the negative to the bolt holding the battery in place is this ok ? or is there anywhere better to connect the negative to (short lead)
TIA

just go direct accross the battery for this occasion . . .

as the battery is flat anyway it wont effect the energy management system.

just connect it up and start . . . . dont wait too long or the jump starter will discharge into that flat battery

Reactions: mmi
just go direct accross the battery for this occasion . . .

as the battery is flat anyway it wont effect the energy management system.

just connect it up and start . . . . dont wait too long or the jump starter will discharge into that flat battery
Agreed --
  1. the bolts in the battery's neighbourhood are surprisingly poor as conductors
  2. energy management can't take account bad batteries as it just keeps track of currents in/out, so it definitely will be off anyway
  3. energy management has a self-calibration - in less than 2 days it will back on track :D

Lightning deal again on Amazon !!!!

Only 10 hours left

NOCO Boost HD GB70 2000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter Pack For Up To 8-Liter Gasoline And 6-Liter Diesel Engines

https://amzn.to/2THS2yU

upload_2020-1-20_19-39-48.png

Lightning deal again on Amazon !!!!

Only 10 hours left

NOCO Boost HD GB70 2000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter Pack For Up To 8-Liter Gasoline And 6-Liter Diesel Engines

I was using this very model last week...used it on a big american V8 in a stadium truck and it got it fired up without issue, also lent it to a fella with a full size american RV and it got that going also..so would recommend!

....however the lightening deal is showing as ended for me...price is now £160

... a dealer told me that the Noko gb70 is not worth what it costs ... now in Italy it is about 220 euros .... do you know any other valid product of the same power at a lower cost? .... thanks

... a dealer told me that the Noko gb70 is not worth what it costs ... now in Italy it is about 220 euros .... do you know any other valid product of the same power at a lower cost? .... thanks

As you can see above, Amazon UK do discount it, so you could watch out for it dropping in price on amazon.it

Pete

.... I have seen other boosters with the same capacity in Ah ... at lower prices ... I thought that some of the friends of the Forum had tried them ...

NOCO for the win ... again

Stuck indoors isolating . . . ?

Need to keep the tablets and phones charged while numerous skype and WhatsApp video calls are in progress..... ?

Need a bigger USB battery power bank to keep up with the demand ? ? ?

Roll out the Noco GB70 / GB150, use the 12v out socket to plug in your 96w 6way 12v USB power supply...... Hit GO, keep calm & Carry..

Ok so this is not new, it's what I do when camping.

You can use your jump pack or even your mobile leisure battery........ just remember to keep everything fused properly if you are using big power.

Here is today setup . . . .

1x Noco Jump pack with 12v socket output

1x 12v 6way USB QC3.0 usb charger

plus whatever devices and charge leads..... in this case upto 6 devices and 96w max.

Any1 done something similar??.... if so post your pics below.

20200329_165742.jpg

20200329_165901.jpg 20200329_165847.jpg 20200329_165839.jpg

want your own?

96W Quick Charge 3.0 USB Car Charger, 12V - https://amzn.to/3dG1Wsr

NOCO Boost HD GB70 - https://amzn.to/3bAkjNH

Last edited:
Never realised how big the 150 was until mine arrived the other day, proper beast.
All this inactivity is killing what is a shite main battery so will probably have need of it soon.
Yep the GB150 is large, but will jumpstart a dead dodo.

The only thing bigger is the 12/24 NOCO GB500 . . . . . But at £1350 it's priced way out of the enthusiasts market.

Maybe one day . . . . .

For now the GB70 and GB150 are awsome.

If more power is needed, just hook up a spare AGM or Lithium battery.

20200329_182831.jpg

Take a look @Severals emergency 12v battery box, or as he likes to think of it a mobile leisure battery =]

Temporary Ehu

just another resourceful way of using the kit around you to keep ahead of the curve.

The "preppers" have been going on about this for years - (If you know, you know) albeit minus the zombies . . . . . for now.

just bought a noco gb70, beast of a unit. started my grans car no bother, battery that flat even central locking had stopped.

Take a look @Severals emergency 12v battery box, or as he likes to think of it a mobile leisure battery =]

Temporary Ehu

just another resourceful way of using the kit around you to keep ahead of the curve.

The "preppers" have been going on about this for years - (If you know, you know) albeit minus the zombies . . . . . for now.
Yep solar set up next on the cards for me, will do my homework on your previous posts on the subject

Back