Which Jump Starter?

Building on the GB150 boost pack . . . ( which is the NOCO Boost daddy barring the NOCO Max Commercial range)

NOCO have now got the GBX155 . . .

it adds 60W USB-C in/out which is nice,

but seems to have dropped the voltmeter as on the GB150 . . .?

1637078586389.png

4250 Amp UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter​

NOCO Boost X GBX155 is a portable lithium jump starter for 12-volt batteries in vehicles up to 10.0-liters gasoline and 8.0-liter diesel engines, including cars, motorcycles, trucks, ATVs, boats, RVs, vans, SUVs, tractors, and more.
  • An all-new design with extreme jump starting power for powerful engine starts. Rated at 4250-amps, this portable lithium car battery jump starter releases maximum energy at every start. This isn't an upgrade. It's a whole new series - the Extreme Series.
  • Equipped with USB-C technology that, combined with power delivery, gives you lightning-fast recharges. Completely recharges in just 2.7-hours, or go from 0% to jump starting in just 5-minutes of charge.
  • Charge everything with USB-C Power Delivery. Its internal power bank provides 60-watts of power - both in and out - to effortlessly power your favorite USB-C devices, like phones, tablets, laptops, wearables, and more.
  • We took our UltraSafe technology and made it better. It's still our simple, mistake-free design featuring spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection, but with enhanced thermal efficiency and power management to provide better performance and longer battery life.
  • It's one of the most versatile lithium jump starters ever. Jump start all vehicle types, including cars, motorcycles, trucks, ATVs, boats, RVs, vans, SUVs, tractors, and more for up to 10.0-liter gasoline and 8.0-liter diesel engines.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1637078372752.png

These folks are worth checking out - their starter packs are well reviewed. We bought one for my mother in law who drives her car infrequently and sometimes finds the battery has gone flat. This means she just needs a helpful neighbour not a tow, a donor car or anything like it. It looked like a great piece of kit. I'll be buying one for myself (though I might get the bigger pack in case I need to help someone with the bigger engine):)

These folks are worth checking out - their starter packs are well reviewed. We bought one for my mother in law who drives her car infrequently and sometimes finds the battery has gone flat. This means she just needs a helpful neighbour not a tow, a donor car or anything like it. It looked like a great piece of kit. I'll be buying one for myself (though I might get the bigger pack in case I need to help someone with the bigger engine):)
i bought the Sauoki jump pack previously,

which was a Chinese cloan unit very similar to that one you mentioned above.

unfortunately it failed most of my testing and proved to be no good at starting a T6 . . . it was only any good as a glorified USB power bank.

Tried my new Durite 12v 0-0649-27 Jump Starter Pack last night to start my van...fully charged unit FAILED. Barely turned the engine which was disappointing to say the least. Are these small power packs really capable of starting a big old diesel engine in the winter months? Im yet to be convinced.:confused:

Off to get a new battery fitted today.:)

Tried my new Durite 12v 0-0649-27 Jump Starter Pack last night to start my van...fully charged unit FAILED. Barely turned the engine which was disappointing to say the least. Are these small power packs really capable of starting a big old diesel engine in the winter months? Im yet to be convinced.:confused:

I think they’d crank over a 2l petrol engine, but would struggle with a bigger diesel.

I can tell you that my noco gb70 will start my PCM 351 boat engine, that’s 5.7L V8.

Now I’m not sure if that’s tougher than a 2L diesel, but it’s looks and sounds more impressive ;)

Was this a recent purchase? Could you get a refund. Not much use as a jump starter.

Refund granted!.. Zing Batteries are very easy to deal with so on that basis I would recommend them as a company...just in my case a duff product.:rolleyes:

I've tried a number of Jump Packs. (imports, cloans, SLA, cheap, expensive etc etc etc)

They have ALL failed the tests unfortunately. - especially the most basic one, "Will it jump start a Flat T6"

stick with a known brand that is tried and tested and dont waist your money like i did.

Personally i Run the NOCO GB70 & GB150 jump packs.

I've tried a number of Jump Packs. (imports, cloans, SLA, cheap, expensive etc etc etc)

They have ALL failed the tests unfortunately. - especially the most basic one, "Will it jump start a Flat T6"

stick with a known brand that is tried and tested and dont waist your money like i did.

Personally i Run the NOCO GB70 & GB150 jump packs.
Yup...every days a school day ! Spotted this thread after purchase! Im going NOCO...perfect, Black Friday too but its Thursday lol! :thumbsup:

here's the NEW VERSION GBX75 - https://amzn.to/3120LSc

NOCO Boost X GBX75 2500A 12V UltraSafe Portable Lithium Jump Starter, Car Battery Booster Pack, USB-C Powerbank Charger, and Jumper Cables for Up to 8.5 Gas and 6.5-Liter Diesel Engines, Gray​

1637859190363.png

I bought one of these (the larger size for up to 3.0litre diesels) almost a year ago. A quality bit of kit and well worth the price - I highly recommended.

Hi all.
T6 recommended NOCO jump packs.

GB70 - i have one of these
GBX75 - i want one of these =]
GB150 - i have one of these
GBX155 - i want one of these =]

+++++++++++

NOT Recommended:

GB20 - failed to start T6
GB40 - failed to start T6
GB50 - untested
GBX55 - untested

++++++++++++

View attachment 147095View attachment 147096
See these are on amazon lightening deals again... @Dellmassive would you still suggest GBX75 over GB70... Charge time seems amasing....

@ChrisBell

"would you still suggest GBX75 over GB70" - yes defiantly

the newer version is better, especially with the USB-C in/out feature

1653710748390.png

1653710794168.png

++++

i would defo get the case too. .. i think this one will fit.

1653710980186.png1653710990747.png

im still using mine . .

i have the

GB70 + case

&

GB150 + case

i keep the Gb150 in the van all the time, and keep the GB70 at home and around the office . .

i also have a few of the NOCO accessories, like 12v extension cable, 12v socket and OBD2 power port conector.

Back