Which Jump Starter?

100%.

The gb40 or gb70 are much cheaper.

Being as the advice is to not clamp directly onto the battery -ve terminal on the T6 when jump starting, I've wondered if there is a convenient place to attach the -ve clamp as the "spread" of these Lithium jump start clamps is quite limited?

Exactly why I haven't bought one yet!
Where do I put the negative clamp if not on the battery and having only a very short cable length?

@andys comment made sense : I clip on another jump lead to the earth one so it reaches the engine block.

for a few seconds of charge from the jump starter I just put it straight on the battery posts, its charging and long term power that must go through the battery monitor.

for a few seconds of charge from the jump starter I just put it straight on the battery posts, its charging and long term power that must go through the battery monitor.
Agreed, me too =]

So who`s feeling flush . . . . . . ? (Its a bit of an animal ! )

heres the New Kid on the block - NOCO GB500 (80000 joules/3s)

NOCO - 20000A Lithium Jump Starter - GB500

https://no.co/media/nocodownloads/format/g/b/gb500_info_sheet.pdf

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

any job site, maintenance center, or just about anything.

Technical Specifications
What’s in The Box

• GB500 Lithium Battery Jump Starter
  • Boost Max 24-Inch 2/0 AWG Connectors
  • 56-Watt XGC Power Adapter
  • 12-Volt Female Plug
  • 12-Volt Male Plug
  • 12-Volt 2-Foot XGC Cable
  • Protective Carrying Case
  • User Guide & Warranty Information
Starting Current
20,000 Amps (Peak)

Joules 3S Rating
80,000+ joules3s

Voltage
12V & 24V

Battery Types
12V & 24V Lead-Acid Battery Systems

Internal Battery
266 Watt-Hour Lithium-Ion

Operating Temperature
-30°C to +50°C

Charging Temperature
-30°C to +40°C

Storage Temperature
-20°C to +50°C

USB (Output)
Dual 5V, 2.1 Amps

Cooling
Natural Convection

Dimensions (LxWxH)
12.3 x 8.2 x 6.3 in

Weight
19.25 lbs

12V XGC (Input)
12V @ 4 Amp

12V XGC (Output)
12V, @ 15 Amp

Gas Engine Rating
Up to Class 8+/CE Vehicles, Safe On All Engine Sizes

Diesel Engine Rating
Up to Class 8+/CE Vehicles, Safe On All Engine Sizes

LED Worklight
2,200-Lumens

Last edited:
for the price the db power 600 is hard to beat, and has good reviews, when I was looking at getting a jump starter I read all the reviews and this one came out tops. its not something you use everyday, but gives peace of mind, and it works superbly.

I have an old 320 Mercedes, it is safe to jump start it from my T6 using the positive battery terminal and the earth on the left side of the engine?

I have an old 320 Mercedes, it is safe to jump start it from my T6 using the positive battery terminal and the earth on the left side of the engine?
only if you disconnect the cali first(remove the earth) then put the leads straight across the battery

only if you disconnect the cali first(remove the earth) then put the leads straight across the battery
Sorry I’m a bit confused (not hard!) so I undo everything connected to the negative terminal on the battery in my T6 , then connect the batteries using the leads as you would normally?

So I loved The NOCO so much, i got another . . . . . .

Say Hello to the latest addition to the family, - NOCO GB40, this time the baby brother . . . . . @ only 2.4 pounds in weight =]

20190223_160344.jpg

1,000 Amp UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter
The GB40 is a portable lithium-ion battery jump starter pack that delivers 1,000-amps (7,000 J3S) for jump starting a dead battery in seconds. It features a patented safety technology that provides spark-proof connections and reverse polarity protection making safe and easy for anyone to use. It's a powerful battery booster that doubles as a portable power source for recharging USB devices, like a smartphone, tablet and more. Designed for a car, boat, RV, truck and more with gas engines up to 6 liters, and diesel engines up to 3 liters.

20190223_160337.jpg

• A lithium battery jump starter rated at 1,000 Amps (7,000 Joules3S).
  • Spark-proof connections and reverse polarity protection.
  • Recharges USB devices, like smartphones, tablets, and more.
  • 100 lumen LED flashlight with multiple modes, including SOS.
  • Jump starts gas engines up to 6 liters, and diesel up to 3 liters.
  • Provides up to 20 jump starts on a single charge.
20190223_160504.jpg

Im going to use this one more as a 12v source or power bank, with the jump start ability as a backup.

ill keep it in the van and keep it topped up and rear to go.

https://amzn.to/2VdIk4V

NOCO | Start Dead Batteries

NOCO - 1000A Lithium Jump Starter - GB40

https://no.co/media/nocodownloads/f...-car-battery-jump-starter-sell-sheet-gb40.pdf

20190223_160337.jpg

Just an update on the current jump packs....

20191006_145709.jpg 20191006_145706.jpg 20191006_145703.jpg 20191006_145656.jpg

Which replaces these ones . . . . The internal batteries are junk...

20191006_150343.jpg

How does the GB50 compare - Looks like it might be a good option. Anyone tried one?
I had one for 2 years and was really happy with how little charge it lost when left for ages. It also got two people out of trouble by jumpstarting their cars, but when I checked it just before going on holiday in Sept this year, it was at 0v and has refused to charge ever since :(

Back