Which Jump Starter?

Thanks @Dellmassive I borrowed farmer next doors GB70 to get my Transit Custom going.... Don't ask! Had to use the special feature for totally dead batteries, and will need to use again! Worked a treat, normal heavy duty jump leads wouldn't budge it. Fantastic additional power source as well.

I also have the GBX75 and the protective case for the GB70 (NOCO say it doesn't fit, but it definitely does).
IMG_6263.jpg

I regularly use it to start this, from totally dead where even the interior light doesn't come on (6.1litre 6 cylinder engine):

Capture.JPG

And it even started this the other week (16l v8 engine):
Capture1.JPG

Every time I enjoy the disbelieving look on the faces of all onlookers. "That tiny thing can't start that.....". Oh yes it can.

If you can't tell, I like my GBX75, a lot.

Fantastic additional power source as well.
I hadn’t considered that. I’ve been in the market for a USB power bank and one of these would also be handy to have around. (Especially with today's Prime day discount!)

I assume the GBX75 would be fine to use as an everyday power bank for things like charging phones and running some USB fairy lights in the van?

Last edited:
Always wondered how much you can use it as a powerbank without diminishing its ability to start the van

I hadn’t considered that. I’ve been in the market for a USB power bank and one of these would also be handy to have around. (Especially with today's Prime day discount!)

I assume the GBX75 would be fine to use as an everyday power bank for things like charging phones and running some USB fairy lights in the van?
If you read the spec I am sure it can jump start 40X. I bought for an additional power source, USB C will power laptop etc. Must trial one day and see how long it lasts....

Always wondered how much you can use it as a powerbank without diminishing its ability to start the van
From a 5min charge it can start a van.... If it went flat wouldn't take long to charge in a donor vehicle perhaps?

( yes i know I've connected direct to the starter battery and bypassed the battery shunt monitor - but in emergency situation this is fine as its the best way to get me going again quickly and there is no charge as such to the battery so its ok for a quick jump )

1637077322041-png.136728

Is this your recommended way to attach the Noco for a jump start?

I have a dead T6 on the driveway (due to too much tinkering with only the ignition on) and a GBX75 on its way to me. So I’m looking to find out the best way to use it.

Last edited:
1637077322041-png.136728

I have a dead T6 on the driveway (due to too much tinkering with only the ignition on) and a GBX75 on its way to me. So I’m looking to find out the best way to use it.
@vegt I found in other van (cough) I needed to go direct to main battery under seat. It would not boost from connections in engine bay. As I now am in a predicament with electrics in van, I regularly i.e. Most times I am out in van boost from under drivers seat. Some advice, gbx75 charges very quickly using cigarette lighter 12v. Worth keeping charged up. My one did not boost when very low and even after charging for 5mins which they suggest did not boost van. Works 100percent when at least two bars of charge in it. Great piece of kit! Glad took @Dellmassive advice!

1637077322041-png.136728

yes. . .

exactly like that.

for a quick jump start, the battery is assumed to be flat anyway.

so bridging out the NEG shunt will have no impact for those few seconds, . . .

done exactly the same myself . . .

just realised thats my van - after looking for a pic of me doing the same. . . . lol.

its best to connect up and try to start straight away . . .

leaving connected for a few mins just drains the jump starter into the flat battery - which is not good.

just make sure you have a good connection to the battery . . . then start the van.

easy.

+++++++++++

been using both the GB70 and GB150 for years now - they just work.

that's why i haven't upgraded yet - no need too.

these units just work perfect.

but as above make sure you keep them charged up. ( i always will top-up charge every 2-3months, just to make sure they are ready )

i keep the GB150 in the van, and the GB70 at home or in the car if out and about.

++++++++++++

used both over the last few years to start my own van 3 or 4 times. - due to leaving the hazards on all day normally.

and used about 20 times helping other people at carparks, campsites, festivals, motor racing meets etc etc etc .

+++++++++++++

Last edited:
@vegt I found in other van (cough) I needed to go direct to main battery under seat. It would not boost from connections in engine bay. As I now am in a predicament with electrics in van, I regularly i.e. Most times I am out in van boost from under drivers seat. Some advice, gbx75 charges very quickly using cigarette lighter 12v. Worth keeping charged up. My one did not boost when very low and even after charging for 5mins which they suggest did not boost van. Works 100percent when at least two bars of charge in it. Great piece of kit! Glad took @Dellmassive advice!
Transit by any chance?

Transit by any chance?
You are a genius! @Dellmassive learnt so much off this forum! I've just got a 5a noco charger as well.... Again, few issues with other van and whining and dash flashing like a Christmas Tree! Been racking my brain over best battery and setup, your posts very helpful.

look what I've got . . . . . . .

:mexican wave:

welcome our new member of the NOCO family.

1671171796714.png1671171808620.png1671171821263.png

testing coming soon. . . .

for now heres some initiol pics . .

charging with the included 65w 12v DC/USB-C lead

1671171886813.png

1671171909484.png

size wise its the same as the GB70 . . .

1671171934898.png

which means it fits the the NOCO GB70 Case perfectly.

1671171972248.png1671171993893.png

spec plate and details for the geeks:

1671172023780.png

so what's the difference?

well wh/boost capacity has increased a bit,

the new unit has 60W usb fast charge IN/OUT,

and USB 10w out

the have removed the 12v socket outlet in the previous GBxx models.

more testing soon. . . .

NOCO for the WIN - Again, in the 2022 rematch.

https://www.youtube.com/@ProjectFarm - is a great channel i follow.

he done a lineup before, now hes back for the rematch.

this time with the awesome GBX155 . . . ( drawling right now, GBX155 = possibly my next purchase)

1671556498854.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

watch the vid here:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

shortcuts to the NOCO bits,

5:17mins - intro

1671556631811.png

++++

7:30mins - Carbon Pile test

1671556750667.png

+++

9:53mins - starting the 454 V8

1671556832077.png

+++

11:35mins - 5.9L Cummins Diesel

1671556930013.png

++++

14:14mins - Round ups:

1671557087863.png

14:48 - the winners:

1671557180173.png

++++++++++++++++++++++

3rd - YESPER - Best value

2nd - GOOLOO - best allrounder

1st - NOCO - best jump starter (but expensive)

++++++++++++++++++++++

Back