Which Jump Starter?

Take the battery out, charge it off the vehicle, and put it back in.

Pete
Sorry, that was the point I was trying to make, there's always a way.
I jump started my daughter's car a couple of weeks ago off my T6, I could get to it easily, but if I couldn't I'd whip my battery off and carry it to her car.

I would have had to strip the battery out of the VW and carried it to the Transit then set up the jump leads. But I'm lazy and prefer the easier option.
Oh and I love gadgets.
I'm a tight git who won't spend £100 plus on a gadget that'll save me 5 minutes on the very rare occasion that I need it, (if I didn't leave it in a hot tent like Dellmassive, or it just stopped working like Kind of Blue's did at two months old, or Andy's at two years old.)

Imagine if someone drove their 2 ton transit down their sloped drive and couldn't get their VW close enough to connect jump leads.:rolleyes:
Had the something similar the other day with a friend who had a lifted Defender with a roof rack so couldn’t get into the multi storey to rescue his wife so I just strolled in with the Noco and started a Toyota Auris that was so dead it didn’t even light up the dashboard.

I'm a tight git who won't spend £100 plus on a gadget that'll save me 5 minutes on the very rare occasion that I need it, (if I didn't leave it in a hot tent like Dellmassive, or it just stopped working like Kind of Blue's did at two months old, or Andy's at two years old.)
That’s a fair comment.
The things is I’m going to be using the Transit for the next few weeks to visit different sites for work. Although I think I know why the battery went flat, I don’t trust it anymore and the last thing I need is a flat battery outside a Premier Inn at 7am. So I’ll take the little jump starter with me. It will also double as a battery bank to top up my iPad whilst on site.
Also handy when camping.:thumbsup:

Has anybody managed to bump start a T6 with a completely dead battery? Just wondering if it’s possible with the immobiliser and ECU not having power.

Has anybody managed to bump start a T6 with a completely dead battery? Just wondering if it’s possible with the immobiliser and ECU not having power.
not sure if my battery was completely dead but during lockdown i've had to use my noco several times. went to start the van and nothing, even had to reset the time. noco got me going everytime... i think i might need a new battery. best £100 i've spent.

Bump start as in push it downhill and release the clutch while in gear?

I had months of that with my mini when younger always done it on my own, took me back to my 2 stroke karting days lol,
Haha! I used to strategically park my first car on the crest of a hill for easy bump starting! :cool:

Imagine if somebody invented a pair of heavy cables, about 3 metres long, and you could connect one running vehicle battery to a dead battery and start the dead vehicle from the............. no, it's a stupid idea, it'd be cheap, reliable, no, forget I mentioned it. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I thought that, but not much use if you wild camping somewhere and there’s nobody about...

Not easy on a DSG, or in a manual stuck in a field :rolleyes:
I asked a while back if anybody has managed to bump start a completely dead T6 yet, will the ECU cope without adequate voltage?

NOCO GB150 to the Rescue ( Again ).

well i done it again !!!!! - flat starter battery.

Trying to be clever and pulling the old "Im Just loading, be five mins Guv-Nor" on a double yellow.

But after 3.5hrs of the indicators / hazards flashing away . . . . . . . . .

1637076964917.png

this is what happened, - starter battery.

a 2hr drive to work,

then 3.5hrs sitting with hazards flashing. = flat starter battery.

The BM2 shows the starter dropped to 11.5v, but when i tried to start the van it turned over twice and died . . . . . .

1637077013782.png

lucky for me i take a NOCO jump pack every where, on this occasion i have the GB150 with me. ( the GB70 is in the car with the missus )

1637077213721.png

i keep it in the back . . it was last used probably 6 months ago . . . . and still showed a 75% charge.

1637077266319.png

a quick connection to the starter battery shows the 11.8v low voltage starter battery . . .

( yes i know I've connected direct to the starter battery and bypassed the battery shunt monitor - but in emergency situation this is fine as its the best way to get me going again quickly and there is no charge as such to the battery so its ok for a quick jump )

1637077322041.png

the van started first time on the button - Thanks NOCO - you da-man !!!

The next 2hr drive home will help start to charge up the vans starter battery.

Happy days . . . . That saved me a very embarrassing call to the AA or VWCV Assist for a jump start.

+++++++++

Check them out - Amazon.co.uk : noco boost

1637077732255.png

+++++++++

Note: That after owning and testing the NOCO boost packs i only recomend the GB70 and upwards for the T6.

That means the Gb70 or the GB150 ( i own both )

also take a look at the new GBX75 !!!!!!

1637077838469.png

+++++++++++++++

also above is shown the classic BM2 battery monitor . . . https://amzn.to/3ovJxoF

1637077917094.png

+++++

and for those that are interested . . . .

NOCO protective cases - Amazon.co.uk : noco case

1637077985447.png

Last edited:
Back