Which Jump Starter?

Thanks @Dellmassive and @Phil_G.

I love the fact you have a whole family of the NOCO's Dellmassive ;)

I've put my business case to my boss and she has said I'm allowed to buy the NOCO! Ordered it now :grin bounce:
glad the info helped.

FYI i sold the GB40 & GB20 as they were not suitable for anything other than a glorified USB chargers, . . . . which i already have a substantial collection of.

So i have the NOCO GB70 & GB150 jump packs.

and the NOCO GB15000 charger still.

all my other chargers are now all Victron as they all work with the Victron Connect APP. =]

I have a NOCO GB70 which I have never used yet... I also have a NOCO G26000 which I have used for charging several vehicles and very good it is too. It is rapid, fuss free, does many types of battery it even does 24v. It supposedly does starting but never needed that so far... I am very impressed with it far better than a CTEK MSX10 that took ages and just stopped working about a month after buying it.

I have a NOCO GB70 which I have never used yet... I also have a NOCO G26000 which I have used for charging several vehicles and very good it is too. It is rapid, fuss free, does many types of battery it even does 24v. It supposedly does starting but never needed that so far... I am very impressed with it far better than a CTEK MSX10 that took ages and just stopped working about a month after buying it.
I've got a CTEK MX5 which stopped working after about 4 years. To be fair to CTEK they honoured the 5yr warranty sending me a new one from Sweden after I filled in the form on their website giving the serial number etc.

I've got a CTEK MX5 which stopped working after about 4 years. To be fair to CTEK they honoured the 5yr warranty sending me a new one from Sweden after I filled in the form on their website giving the serial number etc.
I bought mine on Amazon, I guess that I aught to have sent it back but its is a hassle. However I need one and could not wait so I bought the NOCO 26000. Which I found so good that I completely forgot about the CTEK. A 5yr warranty sounds excellent perhaps I could look into that but I will probably just leave it collecting dust.

Thinking about getting a Noco GB70, started looking at prices and found that there have been many sales of ‘parts only‘ Noco boosters. Many seem to have charging problems.
Are these Noco units reliable?

No issues with mine apart from when I cooked my GB150 in the tent in summer. Massively over heated it.

Normal lithium safety stuff applies..... mainly keep them withing the temp ranges....

Seen a few autopsy vids on YouTube with failures but it seemed to be abused failures.

Apart from. All that Noco customer support good.... they replaced my 2yr old GB150 T cost, delivered from Europe.

Internal build quality is very good.

My GB70 died after 2 yrs and I never replaced it as I had solar trickle charging the starter by then. Just packed up when I went to check its charge one day.

Plugged in and charging to be ready to work in the morning.:thumbsup:
Imagine if somebody invented a pair of heavy cables, about 3 metres long, and you could connect one running vehicle battery to a dead battery and start the dead vehicle from the............. no, it's a stupid idea, it'd be cheap, reliable, no, forget I mentioned it. :rolleyes:

Imagine if somebody invented a pair of heavy cables, about 3 metres long, and you could connect one running vehicle battery to a dead battery and start the dead vehicle from the............. no, it's a stupid idea, it'd be cheap, reliable, no, forget I mentioned it. :rolleyes:
Imagine if someone drove their 2 ton transit down their sloped drive and couldn't get their VW close enough to connect jump leads.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back