Which Is The Best Dash Cam ???

Also did anyone consider this RAC 03 one that clips over the mirror? RAC 03 Super HD Dash Cam Video Recording Rear View Mirror Camera DVR + 8GB MICRO SD: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Looks neat but no rear cam option.
@VanMan48 it looks to me as though the camera is combined with a mirror rather than clipping over an existing mirror. Either way, for a number of (all?) T6 vehicles the rear view mirror contains sensors which is why panel van users and owners query why there is a mirror fitted when the van has windowless rear doors or tailgate.

Not sure you would see that much as it points down more than out

Any pointers on using a larger memory card guys ?

I picked up the Samsung 64 evo as per link on early part of this thread but I've failed to get it to work ?

States memory card error when inserted

I've formatted it in MS Dos like the card that came with the machine but same problem

I've even copied all the info on the original card over onto this new one but still the same message "Memory Card Error"

Ta

Yeah, that's the one.. Wait for unit to start up, then hit format button, doesn't take long.. Just tricky to get used to doing sometimes, as you need to let unit finish starting up iirc.

I had an issue with a Garmin camera before - it wanted a particular class SD card (class 10 IIRC) so it may be that?

@Jonny Here's the fuse piggy backs, get 2, makes life easy.. And the rear cam.. Dirt doesn't affect image, will post screenshot of image from cams in app on iPhone 4 later
View attachment 7222 View attachment 7223
I dont suppose you have a photo of the rear camera from the inside ? i just want to know what its mounted like ? Im on the verge of ordering one of these, as im going to be carpeting some bits next week it will be the ideal time to get the cables in . Thank you.

I dont suppose you have a photo of the rear camera from the inside ? i just want to know what its mounted like ? Im on the verge of ordering one of these, as im going to be carpeting some bits next week it will be the ideal time to get the cables in . Thank you.
Ill tak a pic tomorrow, but it's just a case of running the USB through the to the rear wiper motor cover, and out at the glass. The camera sits with the pad between the lowest two wires, you have plenty of spare cable in this position, and you get the idea of where it is on page 1 or two of this thread..

I've fitted it today and have to say i'm impressed with the 770 . Video is excellent from both cams , software seems decent . A right pain in the butt to get that cable threw the rubber boot on back door but worth the effort . Fingers crossed i'll never need the footage from it !

So the f770
Does this need a wire run from the front unit to the rear ? And power cable ?
How easy will that be in a caravelle I wonder

Just installed a 512 GW a couple of weeks ago and seems very good but I have not played around with features yet!

So the f770
Does this need a wire run from the front unit to the rear ? And power cable ?
How easy will that be in a caravelle I wonder
@YESBOY if you purchase the dual camera kit (hard wire version is recommended) then a specific USB cable is supplied that includes power to the rear unit from the front camera/controller.

Hello all,
@Pauly can you get an additional black rubber tube that connects tailgate to body, that will go on the other side to existing? As thinking will rear dash cam usb lead + reversing camera leads (?) + cables for spots in tailgate all fit in the one rubber connecting tube thing?

Dickie

Hello all,
@Pauly can you get an additional black rubber tube that connects tailgate to body, that will go on the other side to existing? As thinking will rear dash cam usb lead + reversing camera leads (?) + cables for spots in tailgate all fit in the one rubber connecting tube thing?

Dickie
You’ll get them through with a little perseverance. Send a fish wire through first and tape the wires you want to pull through to that. It might help to spray the wires with some silicone spray or furniture polish.

Back