Which Is The Best Dash Cam ???

@JimVee just format the card.. Do it in unit, wait for it to complete the startup routine.. Then press format button, it does not take long, and the goes onto recording automatically .. Any probs, post and I'll try to sort, but on the road all day...

Thanks for the feedback guys :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@JimVee just format the card.. Do it in unit, wait for it to complete the startup routine.. Then press format button, it does not take long, and the goes onto recording automatically .. Any probs, post and I'll try to sort, but on the road all day...

Thanks for the feedback guys :thumbsup:

Hi Dave, thanks n no worries, done it n it helps

Does the Thinkware F750 link up with the screen on the dash at all. I was wondering about whether you can use it as a reversing aid?

(Apols if this has already been covered :) )

Need some help from you guys with the thinkware rear dash cam. Can anyone tell me what cables need to run through into the barn door? I'm going to be bolting my rib seat down in the next few days so want to run the cables through in advance of buying the dash cam as it will be a pita to remove the side panel once it's in.

Also, once I've got the cables into the rear door how do people get them to the top and out or do you fit the camera at the bottom of the rear window?

Any advice is appreciated

Need some help from you guys with the thinkware rear dash cam. Can anyone tell me what cables need to run through into the barn door? I'm going to be bolting my rib seat down in the next few days so want to run the cables through in advance of buying the dash cam as it will be a pita to remove the side panel once it's in.

Also, once I've got the cables into the rear door how do people get them to the top and out or do you fit the camera at the bottom of the rear window?

It's a micro USB A at each end. Can't remember whether it uses the 5th pin but if you're running it through now rather than using the one it comes with then I'd play it safe and only use a 5 wire one. Can't help with the other as I've got a tailgate.

Ahhh I was hoping it was just going to be live and earth, I wasn't sure if it was wireless video but obviously not. I think I'll either have to buy the cam now or just have to unbolt the rib when I do get it.

I need to work out where the cam will go on a barn door and how the cable is fed to it first

You could always put a piece of cord along the path you want to use, then if you've put your furniture in when you buy the camera you can tie the lead to the cord and pull it through.

The problem is the flexible bit that goes between the van and the door. It's really tough to get cables through . You also need the side panel off just to get the cable to the hole where the flexible section is

It is a single long cable with a mini usb on the end.
I didn't fit my camera into the rear door as the Cali has a trim for the rear aircon and mounting on that allows it to see out of the rear window when closed.

Last edited:
Can you post a photo @Loz ?

Can anyone with a barn door and a rear cam post a photo of where it's mounted?

Thanks

It is a single long cable with a usb B on the end.
I didn't fit my camera into the rear door as the Cali has a trim for the rear aircon and mounting on that allows it to see out of the rear window when closed.
Mine is definitely a micro A at each end

@andys I would advise you to lay a flexible corrugated conduit with a draw cord from front to back so that you can fit the 5pin dedicated Thinkware supplied cable with fitted connectors to an area close to the access of the cable conduit into the rear door. With barn doors I'm not sure if they are fitted with wipers, but at least one door has electrics for the rear license plate. @T6 Dave has fitted his to the lower edge of the glass next to the wiper but his van is a tailgate version; he is on the road at the moment but may be able to reply later. Sorry I can't give any better advice but good luck with it all.

Last edited:
@andys I would advise you to lay a flexible corrugated conduit with a draw cord from front to back s hang you can fit the 5pin dedicated Thinkware supplied cable with fitted connectors to an area close to the access of the cable conduit into the rear door. With barn doors I'm not sure if they are fitted with wipers, but at least one door has electrics for the rear license plate. @T6 Dave has fitted his to the lower edge of the glass next to the wiper but his van is a tailgate version; he is on the road at the moment but may be able to reply later. Sorry I can't give any better advice but good luck with it all.
Thanks but wasn't me asking, fitted mine a few weeks ago

Thanks @Loz , this is exactly what I needed to see. I now realise that I can fabricate a small bracket off the back of my overhead locker so that the camera sits just inside where the glass will be. Means I don't need to run cables into the door itself. I have an easy cable run to the locker at high level as my roof trim panels are removeable. I may not even need a bracket as the locker may be close enough but at least I have an option now that doesn't require the rib bed unbolted.

T

Thinkware f770 uses special micro USB, all pins(5 iirc) connected, others have 4.. But that's the only front to back cable.. Feed it into door through the grommet, ad sits bottom of glass on a hatch, top of glass is to high..

Last questions gents, in addition to the supplied USB cable does the rear cam require a separate power and earth or is that fed through the USB? Also I assume the supplied cable is long enough for a LWB T6?

Back