Which Is The Best Dash Cam ???

This just jogged my memory.... The thinkware 770 is quite honestly the most irritating thing I've ever bought in my life. It literally just repeatly bleats out the same 2 phrases over and over and over again.

If I hear the words "regularly format memory card for data integrity" again this week I may might lose it and smash the thing up. I counted 9 times yesterday. 5 of which were between my house and aldi which is 2 miles away. Records fine so the memory card is fine.

Actually thinking of taking it apart and detaching the speaker if that is possible. I expect it is.

This just jogged my memory.... The thinkware 770 is quite honestly the most irritating thing I've ever bought in my life. It literally just repeatly bleats out the same 2 phrases over and over and over again.

If I hear the words "regularly format memory card for data integrity" again this week I may might lose it and smash the thing up. I counted 9 times yesterday. 5 of which were between my house and aldi which is 2 miles away. Records fine so the memory card is fine.

Actually thinking of taking it apart and detaching the speaker if that is possible. I expect it is.
That's odd, mine only says that every couple of weeks and pressing the format button for a second sorts it. I love mine, have front and rear in the car and van.

Reactions: Loz
Have booked mine in for a front and rear f800, anyone know what cables are required for the reversing camera, may ask the fitter to pull some cables in at the same time

Have booked mine in for a front and rear f800, anyone know what cables are required for the reversing camera, may ask the fitter to pull some cables in at the same time
If it's like the other Thinkwares it's a micro USB either end with 5 wires connected

Aye I have the front and rear and it otherwise works very well. You should just be able to disable these stupid warnings. Or all warnings. I just want to forget about it to be honest. Like almost all other dash cams. I do periodically check its recording stuff and as yet it hadn't missed a single thing.

The parking monitor warning when you start it up is also a bit annoying but less so. Given up caring what it says anyway as it's so sensitive so may as well just disable that as well.

You’ll need a video cable, usually coax with an rca plug at each end plus a +ve and -ve for the camera power.

Hello all,
@Pauly can you get an additional black rubber tube that connects tailgate to body, that will go on the other side to existing? As thinking will rear dash cam usb lead + reversing camera leads (?) + cables for spots in tailgate all fit in the one rubber connecting tube thing?

Dickie
Yes the rubber boot is available but shouldn't be required, I have rear dashcam, rear camera and tailgate lighting in mine
You need to do dashcam first as this is the largest to get through with USB connector on the end, as above a bit of lube is the key if all else fails a bit of fairy liquid works wonders

Depends what camera you want to use if it's genuine VW you have to use the cable that comes with it as has unique connectors on the end

Aye I have the front and rear and it otherwise works very well. You should just be able to disable these stupid warnings. Or all warnings. I just want to forget about it to be honest. Like almost all other dash cams. I do periodically check its recording stuff and as yet it hadn't missed a single thing.

The parking monitor warning when you start it up is also a bit annoying but less so. Given up caring what it says anyway as it's so sensitive so may as well just disable that as well.
You can control the announcements with the phone app, and I just press the format button when she telks me to, like a good boy.

Got Slidepods to wire in front and rear NextBase cameras....very tidy, also put them in my Fiesta and my wife’s car. Very happy with them.

I had a 512 unit fitted and it was crap kept shutting on/off
Recently had a roof installed by Exploria so I had the install a BlackVue camera which is a great job, very expensive but worth it. I tried the cheaper on which is now in a drawer at home

I had a 512 unit fitted and it was crap kept shutting on/off
Recently had a roof installed by Exploria so I had the install a BlackVue camera which is a great job, very expensive but worth it. I tried the cheaper on which is now in a drawer at home
Hi Sean which Blackvue model did you go for ?

Well further to my groans about my thinkware F770. I finally had to use it in anger. Someone (unbeknown at the time) took my wing mirror off. Dash cam picked up every single car go anywhere near my van during the time frame. Except of course the one that actually hit my van. Then it decided to force me to format the card which of course wiped everything.

I mean it turns out the vehicle that hit was really stealthy :) A big orange sainsburies delivery box van. It did come from the rear but the rear camera motion triggers on everything else that comes close just not this one :(

All this aside I did get the recommended Samsung 64GB card which constantly causes the unit to whine and reboot. Which is not the end of world but the moaning is really quite annoying!

Well further to my groans about my thinkware F770. I finally had to use it in anger. Someone (unbeknown at the time) took my wing mirror off. Dash cam picked up every single car go anywhere near my van during the time frame. Except of course the one that actually hit my van. Then it decided to force me to format the card which of course wiped everything.

I mean it turns out the vehicle that hit was really stealthy :) A big orange sainsburies delivery box van. It did come from the rear but the rear camera motion triggers on everything else that comes close just not this one :(

All this aside I did get the recommended Samsung 64GB card which constantly causes the unit to whine and reboot. Which is not the end of world but the moaning is really quite annoying!

Ok, daft question, did you look in the event folder, the parking folder and the continuous folders? I'm away from mine at the moment, but it might have saved the data to a sub folder due to the event.. Not sure of all their names at the moment.. It's also highlighted a lesson to be learnt.. Keep a spare data card (I keep several, as they are so cheap), on event, pop the card and replace with new and review at leisure later on via computer.

Back