Which Is The Best Dash Cam ???

I think the thinkware is the superior system, and I'd advise that if you need to rely on the footage, you want the best 2cam setup to stand the best chance.. Even if it means saving up the pennies

Note to all.. This comment was made in response to a member posting that they had a next base cam.. The post was above this one, and has subsequently been deleted, so I can only guess they got the point of the post...

Last edited:
@Jonny Here's the fuse piggy backs, get 2, makes life easy.. And the rear cam.. Dirt doesn't affect image, will post screenshot of image from cams in app on iPhone 4 later
View attachment 7222 View attachment 7223

@T6Dave, thanks for the info and pic, I have run the front camera wires down the left hand side of the windscreen and along behind the inside of the glove box to the fuses behind the bottle cooler. In your pic, you have the 2 wires connected into the piggyback fuses but which ones are which, is the red one on the left and yellow on the right or vice versa? Sorry to be a pain but not good with electrics but willing to have a go.

Will run the cable for the rear camera next weekend hopefully

Just picked up the 770 as of the good revues from you guys.... Quick question on the connections to the fusebox...Does it come with those push in fuse piggybacks ?

If not, any links for the correct ones to buy please ? :thumbsup:

Just picked up the 770 as of the good revues from you guys.... Quick question on the connections to the fusebox...Does it come with those push in fuse piggybacks ?

If not, any links for the correct ones to buy please ? :thumbsup:

@Markey. I don't think they come with the piggy back connectors, mine didn't but have ordered a couple from Fleabay

@T6Dave, thanks for the info and pic, I have run the front camera wires down the left hand side of the windscreen and along behind the inside of the glove box to the fuses behind the bottle cooler. In your pic, you have the 2 wires connected into the piggyback fuses but which ones are which, is the red one on the left and yellow on the right or vice versa? Sorry to be a pain but not good with electrics but willing to have a go.

Will run the cable for the rear camera next weekend hopefully

sorry for the delay.. hadn't been out to the van much.. having an off day..

middle row of three is acc (ignition) or red wire

so that makes them

left hand side batt or perm + (thinkware YELLOW wire),

right hand connector (middle row of fuse box) ignition feed (thinkware RED wire).

hope this makes sense, having a weird day..

Last edited:
sorry for the delay.. hadn't been out to the van much.. having an off day..

middle row of three is acc (ignition) or red wire

so that makes them

left hand side batt or perm + (thinkware YELLOW wire),

right hand connector (middle row of fuse box) ignition feed (thinkware RED wire).

hope this makes sense, having a weird day..

Great, makes sense and thanks again :)

@JimVee , any more help needed, just ask.. thats what we're here for.. did you see in my initial posts ref setting up parking mode?

Thanks and yes I will be setting up parking mode as I work in a hospital and a few of the guys have had cars hit while at work.
I seriously would not park any car at a Hospital if I could help it especially your Gen Six. There are some shite drivers who visit and don't care. I go to the Oxford Hospitals enough and see them. My wife used to work at the RBH and watched them. No way is my van going near any of them if I can help it

I seriously would not park any car at a Hospital if I could help it especially your Gen Six. There are some shite drivers who visit and don't care. I go to the Oxford Hospitals enough and see them. My wife used to work at the RBH and watched them. No way is my van going near any of them if I can help it

Lol. I agree but I work 50 miles from the hospital and the Velle is my daily commuter when not using the motorbike. Luckily I park in a disabled bay in our Multi Storey Car Park and theres plenty of room although some of the staff do occasionally have the odd hiccup even in the wider bays!

@JimVee , how is the f770 going? Any additional tips/thoughts on it all yet?

From what I can see after been out and done a few hours driving. Only a couple of minor whinges from me, my OCD kicked in and I mounted the rear camera with the label the "correct way" but when I set the view it was upside down so had to rotate it and now the label is upside down.

Only other gripe is the voice commands constantly being on and telling me to format the card everytime I start up so switched it to down to zero so I can't hear her. Wish it worked on swmbo.;)

However, the clarity of the pictures and the wifi connection to thr phone to download is great.

Install was pretty easy - hardest part was feeding the usb lead through the tailgate rubber....GEE! PITA or what....but hey it went in the end

As @JimVee said, the voice commands are a pain too so i will look into turning them buggers off....

Quality is excellent and so is the app for controlling everything

Big thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

Back