Which Is The Best Dash Cam ???

Neat job but they are still “there” ,
Perhaps this is all that’s out there... thanks
Yep, maybe they'll get smaller but these are fine for me. The front one needs to be near enough so that I can hit the buttons from the drivers seat (format and save)

Yep, maybe they'll get smaller but these are fine for me. The front one needs to be near enough so that I can hit the buttons from the drivers seat (format and save)

Do they not just roll on saving until you need to check footage? Excuse my ignorance!! Thanks for all your help.

Do they not just roll on saving until you need to check footage? Excuse my ignorance!! Thanks for all your help.
Yes it's continuous record in 1 minute blocks, going over the oldest block, and automatically saving in a non-erasing folder when it detects an incident, but if you want to keep a particular clip from being automatically erased when there hasn't been an incident the you need to hit a button. I use that facility more to record interesting clips when I'm touring abroad.

So is it fair to say the thinkware F770 is a good choice?

Forgot to update, the conversion company went for the Q800Pro on my behalf - yet to test. But I hope it’s gojng to hide nice, I can’t bear having stuff and cables stuck to windscreens!

I did think “why don’t I just design a sticker for the back window” like - be careful I’m watching

Is anyway having any issues with a dash cam draining the Batt when it is hard wired?
If you leave the Park mode on it will. Mine has a setting to shut down the camera once a voltage limit is reached.

I was looking at the F770 - still trying to work out if it has that function- thanks Andys- this van is proving an issue getting anything done atm.

I have installed, and am now selling, BlackVue Devices... These have some of the best quality cameras on the market, they are stable and exception quality with a smart phone app that actually works!
I have the DR900s-2Ch version install (front and rear camera) with a 128gb card installed. and get about 2 weeks of recordings as its stored in H.265.
Front camera is 4k, rear is 1080p (real HD) and it records at 60fps!!!! take note people, not a lot of them do this!
There are options to hardwire with auto-shut off (timed or voltage monitoring) so acts as CCTV when stationary.
It has twin wireless modules (both support 2.4ghz and 5ghz modes) so can be connected to a wifi source and be a wifi source at the same time for direct connection to your mobile device.

Mine auto connects to the home wifi and when it detects movement or a G sensor is triggered I get a notification.
You can connect it to a hotspot device on the move and will notify someone if an event happens and or including auto uploading events to the free cloud storage for BlackVue.

On play back using the mac or pc software it will display GPS, G-Sensor and both cameras in sync on one screen.

Has auto event file locking so they don't get over written accidently, and manual trigger is done by waving your hand across the side of the camera, no fiddley buttons need pressing.

Solution (suitable for LWB, 6m cable) including DR900s-2Ch, 2x 128gb cards and the auto-shut off module (Power Magic Pro) RRP is £890.
I can offer a discount to T6 members for £599 + postage, includes plug in fuse splitters so no cutting of wires is necessary.
I have mine all plugged into the fuse box behind the bottle cooler, so easy to do.

Already paid for itself, claimed off someone else's insurance for a smashed screen due to their dangerous driving that flicked up debris from the road, all captured thanks to 60fps... and they got prosecuted for the driving!

The DR900s is the top of the range 4k device, others models are available as well as single cameras. and you can easily move the camera from one car to another by buying additional mounts.
www.blackvue.uk

I've read God knows how many threads on dash cams and still can't decide which one to go for.

Any advice which is best for the following features.

1. Front and rear cameras
2. Full HD recording at 60 fps
3. Ability for remote access of videos using mobile phone.
4. Continuous recording in parking mode.

Those that have the F770, I like the idea of the time lapse feature but could you confirm that it records on both the front and rear camera?

Thinkware - What parking mode setting are people using? I’m not sure if I’m using the best which is light motion, and impact high sensitivity - not sure if that’s better or worse for battery or if time lapse would be better. ?

Parking mode on the q800 records front and rear.

don't have an issue, the BlackVue uses very little power, never actually had it power down due to low battery even after several days. and its constantly recording in parking mode and just marks each recording as an event if something happens so it doesn't get over ridden. with a 400gb sd card I get several days of 24/7 parking mode recording...

Back