Wolfbox G900 Dashcam + rear cam + THQ rear LED lights

JimmyMac74

VIP Member
Just thought I'd post this in case anyone finds themselves in the same situation:

I have a T6 with a Wolfbox rear cam hardwired to the rear light (black/green wire) which worked well. Putting the van into reverse triggered "reverse mode" and showed the parking guides. All good.
I recently installed the T6.1 style LEDs from THQ (which are excellent quality BTW) and was hit by a "bulb out" warning on the dash.
Assuming this was caused by the LEDs I called THQ who where excellent and took no time at all to diagnose the rear cam was the cause.
I disconnected the reverse mode wiring and sure enough.... no errors on the dash.

My options:
. live without "reverse mode" - rear cam still works fine, just not reverse mode when selecting reverse gear.
2. Code out the bulb warning via VCDS.

I'm 100% happy with the LEDs, so much so I've now ordered a front pair.

PS... If any electrical types can shed any light on how to get the rear cam working + LEDs let me know (without VCDS).

Bit off topic but looking at buying the G900 at the moment. Did you need the rear camera extension cable or was the standard long enough? Do you mount the rear camera above the numberplate? Would you recommend the G900? Thanks for any advice.

I didn't buy a camera extension cable, it was long enough (just).
I have barn doors, so mounted above the plate but as close to the centre of the van as possible. The camera is stuck on upside down under the lip near the key hole.
Having lived with the G900 for about a month now I would recommend it yes. Get yourself a bigger capacity SD card.

0.jpg

Did you have to drill the body to fit the rear view camera? is yours a swb or lwb ?

Any pix of your set up in action ?

I didn't buy a camera extension cable, it was long enough (just).
I have barn doors, so mounted above the plate but as close to the centre of the van as possible. The camera is stuck on upside down under the lip near the key hole.
Having lived with the G900 for about a month now I would recommend it yes. Get yourself a bigger capacity SD card.

View attachment 192094
Thanks Jimmy. Mine was delivered today and got the standard length so hopefully fits a tailgate too.

Standard rear camera cable length fits tailgate SWB van no problem. Pain to get the wire through the tailgate wiring gator though.

F4582750-519D-4FC0-A4C5-5FB1AB74ABBE.jpeg

03600F4D-6EA5-4476-8F94-AE3066B8B138.jpeg

@Daz395 how does the rear camera attach? do you have to drill a hole in the van to get the cable through?

@Daz395 how does the rear camera attach? do you have to drill a hole in the van to get the cable through?
Drilled a 8.5mm hole above it to the rear and put some primer and a grommet on it. Camera is self adhesive which is solid but also has 2 screws you can use if you choose.

Drilled a 8.5mm hole above it to the rear and put some primer and a grommet on it. Camera is self adhesive which is solid but also has 2 screws you can use if you choose.
Thanks, out of interest how much slack did you have? I've got a LWB tailgate but also a HiLo so will have to go around the frame to get to the rear.

Thanks, out of interest how much slack did you have? I've got a LWB tailgate but also a HiLo so will have to go around the frame to get to the rear.
You’d need the camera extension cable they do. I only had about 12-18” and it was quite a direct route through top of tailgate to the front. Extension lcables are on Amazon.

Hi everyone, I've just seen this thread as I am about to buy a G900 and have been looking how to connect to the reverse light so that the "reversing lines" come on when you select reverse. My van is a T6.1 (2020) with factory fitted LED lights. The photos below show the loom-cluster connector but the wire colours don't match anything I have been able to find on line.
Can anyone help?

1000000344.jpg
1000000345.jpg
1000000343.jpg

20230909_120343.jpg

20230909_120335.jpg

20230909_120258.jpg

Just thought I’d post a pic of how I ran my rear camera wire on the G900 without drilling the body. It’s possible to run it through the number plate light. I hate drilling holes in a perfectly good vehicle if I can possibly avoid it. Looks quite neat and easy to do. It’s a 6.1 with tailgate, did use the extension wire as it’s a camper conversion so had to go round the houses a bit to hide all the wiring.

IMG_5054.jpeg

Back