Which DC-DC battery charger?

Hi, yes I read that post, was very informative but lost me at points as to what one I actually need. I was looking at the Renogy one that's around £150, hoping that'll do the job? As you sound like you are well informed on these would you think it's OK?
Or the votronic 30 amp one? Thanks

If you are going to fit solar in the future then buy one with that capability.
Otherwise there doesn’t appear to be a bad one.

You could ask @travelvolts for his recommendation.

Pete

I'd like one that does solar as well, but I'd want to be able to connect my phone to see how much solar is being produced. Anyone spotted one with that capability?

What leisure battery have you got. You need to match the dc-dc charger to the type of battery as well as the Ah size of battery.

Don’t knock it till you’ve nuked it is my motto.
Its lacking connectors and fuses etc. So add those and its up to the price of the ones we are used to.
I think it needs a @Dellmassive field test ;) to be honest..

12.6V is an odd output V. I have a small 20Ah Lifepo that charges at 12.6V, are you sure that this charger is for lead-acid?

The best set up to suit all your needs would be a Victron Orion-TR DC-DC charger and a Victron SmartSolar 75/15 MPPT solar controller. Both have Bluetooth.
Thanks, I don't need the solar as have no plans for panels, so the one I need is £199 on your website? Thanks

Hi all,

Looking to install leisure battery and split charger in our T6 after running flat our starter battery on first trip out 1f62e.png
Been looking at ctek and Victron, what's best? any others to consider?

Like the idea of Victron to use Bluetooth to check on it, also looking to expand it someday for hookup and solar.
What do you recommend?

Thanks

More Info here...

Hi from another newbie. Planning a mostly self conversion with my son of a pretty new, T6.1 (stop start) panel, into a day van. So, wrestling with choosing a charger for the following cunning plan (vehicle electrical knowledge in the "basic" category). Looking at 100 Ah AGM under factory swivel drivers side seat. Some chargers claim to not require connection to a switched live, so any views on viability of this, and recommendations for B to B charger? Then connecting on to fuse panel, for lights USBs fridge and heater principally. Not thinking of solar as due to advancing years (me not the van) would prefer electrical hook up. Plan to get convertor to install underslung diesel heater and hook up point either under again, or under bonnet. I will then look forward to choices of mains charger, monitoring options etc. I appreciate that this post will induce a justifiable "here we go again" roll of the eyes from many! However, thanks in advance.

Back