Which Club?

8o8

Thinking of joining a club but don't know which to go for, camping and caravan or caravan and motorhome?

Which is the best for kid friendly sites?

Cheers

Bob

Depends where you are in the country and what you expect from a site.

I joined both and only renewing Caravan and Motorhome club. Only used the CCC once last year for some reason, Scotland

I’m in both and am not renewing either when they finish next month. Don’t use sites in the UK very often and when I do, I find the sites I want aren’t affiliated to either. I tend to use Pitchup.com if I really have to resort to a site.

We have a caravan so it's a wee bit harder to just stop somewhere.

20190103-115601.jpg

That's the Edinburgh site, spent New Year there and it's brilliant, however, for comparison the site in Innerleithan that is privately owned is half the price for 4 nights !!!

We were members of C&MC with the caravan andait was fine but decided to try CCC when we got the campervan to compare. Have used loads of the CS small sites, rally sites and larger club ones. Overall it seems a more family orientated club than the C&MC and the sites seems less divided so kids can run and play easier. We will be sticking with the CCC for now.

We’re in the CCC, I’m not a fan of their sites especially the management, they make parking wardens look like the salt of the earth. The sites are generally immaculate but expensive. The bonus for me is the ferry booking service, it saves me the cost of the membership times over. I also did the house insurance through them, you get 180 days unoccupied/year compared to 30 with most insurers.

CCC for decades, never experienced any authoritarian site managers, always helpful, relaxed, & very knowledgeable about the local area.
Done loads of DA meets, I'm still in South Yorkshire DA (never changed when we moved) and their Olivers Mount meet at Scarboro is always a favourite.
On the other hand, when pitching with friends at a Caravan Club site, we were told (not asked) to take the awning down and move the entire unit a foot to one side, reminiscent of Basil Fawlty's 'Moose' episode... "...anything else dear? I mean, would you like the hotel moved a bit to the left, or..."
We love Clumber Park but its a CC site and as non-members we have to pay a surcharge. I really wish the two clubs would come up with some sort of mutual discount agreement - they could each at least drop the non-member surcharge if you're a member of 'the other' club.
The van is insured through CCC 'Clubcare', I find their rates are very reasonable.
Cheers
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the CCC and have been on and off for years. Tent for years and now with a camper. I find the sites good. Yes, you may get a slightly strict warden but I never experienced any issues with wardens or other campers. Always clean and tidy. You know what you get. I also use the sites which are also just as good. I might look at CCC for van insurance next year as well.

We had CCC membership and used many of their sites initially with a trailer tent and then ten years of caravanning . Never had any real
issue and they seem to be very popular. Generally good if you have youngsters. Don't ignore the independent sites though. Many are just as good if not superior to the club sites. Worth doing a little research before hand. Found www.ukcampsite.co.uk very good to check reviews and tips for various locations. I'd also recommend the Best of British affiliated sites. They're of a very high standard, in our experience.

Back