Which club? Both? Neither!?

CamperBadger

VIP Member
T6 Pro
The Camping and Caravan Club
The Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Which do you prefer? Which is best for a campervan?

Or should I not join any club that would have me as a member?

Plenty of opinions on here

Both
But with either of them a week at any of their sites and you've saved more than your membership
Plus we use CL & CS site which you need to be members to use
I do find the CCC sites a bit more friendly

I joined both clubs when I bought my van in 2020 and I've stayed on two sites for one night each and one site for 2 nights, I may not be renewing.

Edit: If you shop a lot in Go Outdoors the 10% discount from the C&CC could pay for your membership.

@Loz, @Bargy62,
CCC being more friendly vs CAMC being more professional - would you guys say that's 2 sides of the same coin?

It is possible to enjoy your van without a rule book and the inevitable marshalling, you don’t even need campsites.
@Bav probably
@DXX The reason we use both club sites is personally I prefer the this is your pitch we have been on sites were some ahole will pitch right next to you and the sites cant be bothered to do anything about it.
The toilets are generally a good standard and kept clean.
and before anyone says it I know there's plenty of private sites which meet this standard
in regards to the CCC being more friendly I'm talking about the people who use it We used to camp before getting a van so are used to sitting outside and chatting to people walking by were as motorhomers caravaners tend to sit inside so contact is lost and no conversation plus we found a lot of people in vans on CCC sites come from a tenting background originally
Plus also on CCC sites they let you park however you like provided it's within your pitch But the CMHC are strict about how your positioned but saying that if I want to use one of their sites I go with the rules.
Below is an example of what my mate had to put up with on a non club site guy lines crossing and all the staff told him was we're busy this weekend so you will have to put up with it.

KAV.jpg

The Camping and Caravan Club
The Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Which do you prefer? Which is best for a campervan?

Or should I not join any club that would have me as a member?
We’re in the CaCC, mainly for the ferry discount, I don’t like the main club sites, they are over priced & run by wannabe Obergruppenfuhrers. The little certificated site are generally very good & our sites of choice.
Never been in the CaMC, used their sites once or twice but these also tend to be expensive & regimented. One thing to consider, many of the CaMC sites don’t have showers or toilets, they assume that you’re in a MH with your own facilities. Whereas the CaCC cater for tents & campers.

@Bav probably
@DXX The reason we use both club sites is personally I prefer the this is your pitch we have been on sites were some ahole will pitch right next to you and the sites cant be bothered to do anything about it.
The toilets are generally a good standard and kept clean.
and before anyone says it I know there's plenty of private sites which meet this standard
in regards to the CCC being more friendly I'm talking about the people who use it We used to camp before getting a van so are used to sitting outside and chatting to people walking by were as motorhomers caravaners tend to sit inside so contact is lost and no conversation plus we found a lot of people in vans on CCC sites come from a tenting background originally
Plus also on CCC sites they let you park however you like provided it's within your pitch But the CMHC are strict about how your positioned but saying that if I want to use one of their sites I go with the rules.
Below is an example of what my mate had to put up with on a non club site guy lines crossing and all the staff told him was we're busy this weekend so you will have to put up with it.

View attachment 193571
Crossing of string…..outrageous

We are members of both. Our own preference is the C&MC. Downside of their sites are mentioned elsewhere, cost and poor website booking system. However we find the facilities better (a bit ironic because most users would have their own anyway), they are often better located near somewhere rather than in the middle of nowhere, and they don’t lock the gate overnight so you can return late in your van should you need.

The C&CC probably have a better range of temporary holiday sites which can offer good value. But the strapline to the Club is really annoying.

We also use other commercial sites, and car parks. We aren’t fans of Britstops although have friends who love them!

@Loz, @Bargy62,
CCC being more friendly vs CAMC being more professional - would you guys say that's 2 sides of the same coin?
Thanks all. Interesting comparison
We’re in the CaCC, mainly for the ferry discount, I don’t like the main club sites, they are over priced & run by wannabe Obergruppenfuhrers. The little certificated site are generally very good & our sites of choice.
Never been in the CaMC, used their sites once or twice but these also tend to be expensive & regimented. One thing to consider, many of the CaMC sites don’t have showers or toilets, they assume that you’re in a MH with your own facilities. Whereas the CaCC cater for tents & campers.
thankyou - out of interest, which ferries and how much discount?

Back