V5 Documentation requested at campsite?

CC&C have become very regimented! Whenever we rock up I feel like I’m meeting the “Camp Comidant!”
We went to pick up some friends from their site in Keswick to take them out. The Schutzstaffel in the guard tower ( I mean on the barrier obvs) was not for letting us in even though I’m a member myself. Not even to turn round. There were signs everywhere, don’t do this, don’t do that etc. It all felt a bit oppressive sadly.

We went to pick up some friends from their site in Keswick to take them out. The Schutzstaffel in the guard tower ( I mean on the barrier obvs) was not for letting us in even though I’m a member myself. Not even to turn round. There were signs everywhere, don’t do this, don’t do that etc. It all felt a bit oppressive sadly.
Keswick has to be the worst. We were booked in for one night. Arrived at 11.30am to be told that the pitch was free, but we couldn’t check in until 12noon. No problem I said, we’ll wait. “No you have to leave & come back at 12.00”,
“Can’t I just park on the pitch & check in later?”
“No, you’re not allowed on the pitch until you’ve checked in”
They literally chucked us off the site & told us to come back in half an hour.
That’s the last time I will ever stay on a club site.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Keswick has to be the worst. We were booked in for one night. Arrived at 11.30am to be told that the pitch was free, but we couldn’t check in until 12noon. No problem I said, we’ll wait. “No you have to leave & come back at 12.00”,
Well, that must be a contender for the “F**kwit 2022” award!

Club sites are now 13:00 checkin and NOT BEFORE!

Club sites are now 13:00 checkin and NOT BEFORE!
Unless your “friends” of the site staff CaCC site at Chipping Norton had new outfits arriving at 11.30am on 2 occasions week before last.
I’m not feeling the love of the friendly club anymore.

Yes our friends were wardens for many years, used to visit in the closed season…

Find C&CC sites and wardens better than C&MHC ones in our experience. Thing with club sites is they are mostly like premier inn's, you know what your going to get. Tbh we've stayed on some independent sites with a thick book of rules that make club sites like a free for all.

Find C&CC sites and wardens better than C&MHC ones in our experience. Thing with club sites is they are mostly like premier inn's, you know what your going to get. Tbh we've stayed on some independent sites with a thick book of rules that make club sites like a free for all.
I’m all for independents having standards, but after nearly 30 years of membership, the “Premier Inn” analogy resonates!

We tend to mainly use Club sites. We did have a little discussion about arriving early at the the last site we visited in St Mawes.
we turned up at 12:15 after pausing in a lay-by for a bit and got the lecture about new entry times.
I produced my booking email that said arrival slot 12:00-15:00 she said, you should have had a more recent email with site information, I said this was the booking (contract)… I said if they are putting up the prices, I want every hour I can get thanks.. :)

Not that it's OT as usual but we're currently stopping at a very tidy CCMH site on the edge of Canterbury.
The lady who let us in and led us to our pitch was a bit bossy but my point is that they've set the duration on the toilet flushes here to the point where it barely functions and it's becoming a bit of a Russian roulette moment lucky dip whether your pan has already been filled.
Currently enduring celebrity bake off here but the thought of getting splashed is making me deny the contractions... should I just slope off into the bushes or could that open a whole new can of worms and potential restraining order?

Not that it's OT as usual but we're currently stopping at a very tidy CCMH site on the edge of Canterbury.
The lady who let us in and led us to our pitch was a bit bossy but my point is that they've set the duration on the toilet flushes here to the point where it barely functions and it's becoming a bit of a Russian roulette moment lucky dip whether your pan has already been filled.
Currently enduring celebrity bake off here but the thought of getting splashed is making me deny the contractions... should I just slope off into the bushes or could that open a whole new can of worms and potential restraining order?
Only bears and gypos are allowed to sh17 in the woods (i.e. you need to have a bear's arse, or be as rough as a bear's arse!).

EDIT: Apologies to any bears that were offended by the above, non-PC comment.

Last edited:
Following on from my previous missive and while it's true that the sun is shining here it now feels like a weight has been lifted.
I had already spotted buzzards circling yesterday and it turns out there's a second ablutions block, importantly this one has proper full fat flush pans meaning part of me is currently winging its way towards Whitstable... panic over and thoughts turn to toast or cereals but the occasional waft of bacon calls like the tolling of a distant bell... bacon sarnie?

Back