Recommendations for winter camp sites

BULL

With most camp site closing at the end of September early October
Has anyone got any recommendations for sites that stay open all year round
Cheers

Some of the C&CC sites are open all year round.

Well the hard standing anyway.

We're looking to do a mid winter tester at some point, ..

Devizes C&CC is OK for a winter visit walks along the Kennett & Avon canal
Plus pub at the end of the road 150mt walk
Last year we went pre Christmas and went to Bath Christmas Market which I thought was pretty good
You can get a bus just up the road from the site right into Bath or go the other way to Devizes

Some of the C&CC sites are open all year round.

Well the hard standing anyway.

We're looking to do a mid winter tester at some point, ..
If your going on hardstanding get some screw in pegs and put them in with cordless drill
Some hardstanding can be proper hard
And if you've got a sewn in groundsheet put a good thick tarp under it or it will get loads of holes in it from the gravel

Looking at those sites advertised on Pitchup, I'm assuming that the price 'per stay' actually means 'per night' but they're trying to make it sound like more of a bargain (ie. less of a rip off).

Looking at those sites advertised on Pitchup, I'm assuming that the price 'per stay' actually means 'per night' but they're trying to make it sound like more of a bargain (ie. less of a rip off).
If you use the link above by @TrevorK to Pitchup then dates have already been put in, so the prices are per stay (multiple nights).
If the prices were per night, they would be a total rip off.

With most camp site closing at the end of September early October
Has anyone got any recommendations for sites that stay open all year round
Cheers
Finding campsites that stay open year-round can be a bit of a quest, but national forests often offer options for winter camping, and certain Bureau of Land Management (BLM) lands permit dispersed camping year-round. State parks can be a mixed bag, with some closing during the winter, while others remain open. It's advisable to check with specific parks and forests for the most up-to-date information, as policies can vary. Additionally, some private campgrounds are open year-round, so exploring these options could lead you to a cozy spot for camping even during the colder months. Happy camping adventures!

Reactions: CAB
Finding campsites that stay open year-round can be a bit of a quest, but national forests often offer options for winter camping, and certain Bureau of Land Management (BLM) lands permit dispersed camping year-round. State parks can be a mixed bag, with some closing during the winter, while others remain open. It's advisable to check with specific parks and forests for the most up-to-date information, as policies can vary. Additionally, some private campgrounds are open year-round, so exploring these options could lead you to a cozy spot for camping even during the colder months. Happy camping adventures!
When the OP said "southwest", I don't think they meant as far south as Oz. :unsure:

Back