Wheel bolts - different type if alloy or steel?

You could always look for a van on ebay with steels to get the reg (albeit confirmed the same bolts). I did this to obtain a price from the dealers on shuttle interior panels.

This is one of mine fitted to 16” steels but now Amarok steels. It has the separate collar that interfaces with the wheel

6748FE1C-1EC4-40F1-9554-203E02341D6B.jpeg

Somethings not right OE VW steels use OE VW bolts and alloys are the same

Hi can anyone please help and could tell me what bolts ifor Borbet As to go on T6

7.5 J and 8.5 J

thank you

Hi All,

I'm purchasing some of the above alloy wheels. does anyone know if the standard bolts used on my caravelle will be suitable to use on these alloys of will I have to buy new bolts?

Wheels I have on now are 17" VW caravelle exec alloys.

Thanks in advance

Hi collecting my fist T6 next Friday. I'm making a little checklist of things before I hand over the rest of the cash and drive off. The van is fitted with 20" Zito 935 wheels. I assume that these will have been fitted with different studs. If the spare wheel is the standard VW wheel, presumably I need to make sure there is a set of standard VW studs to go with it (and subsequently keep those studs in the van in case of a flat)?

Secondly do I need to contact the wheel manufacturer to get the stud torque or do I just torque them to the same as the standard VW ones?

Many thanks for your help sorry for the simple questions, I have a lot to learn from here.

Your right about the bolts, check they are the correct ones fitted. Aftermarket wheels usually use straight taper with 17mm head and VW bolts are radius seat with 19mm head. Yes you would need to use them for the spare, I do the same and carry a set of bolt for the spare if needed.

What weight rating is the van? Just make sure wheels and tyres are properly load rated. Torque wise around the same is fine.

Thanks for confirming. You have touched on my next worry from reading things here. Van is a T32, tyres are 106 so all good there but it is a Leighton van (I'm not purchasing from them) and there seems to be some unanswered threads here about whether the 20" Zito wheels that they have been regularly fitting have a sufficient load rating or not which has got me really worried about that.

Thanks for confirming. You have touched on my next worry from reading things here. Van is a T32, tyres are 106 so all good there but it is a Leighton van (I'm not purchasing from them) and there seems to be some unanswered threads here about whether the 20" Zito wheels that they have been regularly fitting have a sufficient load rating or not which has got me really worried about that.
And to add further to that worry I'm now fretting totally about what I am going to do about a spare (it's a 4motion). Someone put my mind at rest please because I'm seriously finding this whole wheel/tyre thing too stressful - started looking on eBay for brand new take off 17" Devonports.......

Hi,

I'm having my new suspension and wheels fitted tomorrow and i'm wondering what Wheel Nut type the Claytons come with? I can see my new wheels need the rounded nuts but i don't have a wheel off to check the current ones?

I'm sure the place i'm taking it to will be able to tell but i don't have a vehicle to go and buy new ones once i'm there.

Any help is appreciated.

The spare is usually a 17" steel, i have a 4Mo on 19's and had to change the tyre size of the 17" steel spare to match the rolling radius of the 19's....

If you tell us the size of tyre on the 20's we'll be able to advise what size you need on your 17" spare...

As for T32 load rated wheels... it's normally stamped on the back of the wheel what rating they are.... you would need to pop one off and see what it says... unless someone has those wheels and already knows...

The spare is usually a 17" steel, i have a 4Mo on 19's and had to change the tyre size of the 17" steel spare to match the rolling radius of the 19's....

If you tell us the size of tyre on the 20's we'll be able to advise what size you need on your 17" spare...

As for T32 load rated wheels... it's normally stamped on the back of the wheel what rating they are.... you would need to pop one off and see what it says... unless someone has those wheels and already knows...
Thank you for the reply. I guess I will have to wait until I've got it to find out for sure. I'm pretty sure the tyres are 275 40 20. Problem is I don't think that there is a 17" tyre size that comes close enough to the same rolling circumference to make it suitable for use as a spare on a 4motion....I need to stop reading about wheels and tyres on here. I am talking myself out of buying it.

When you find out the size of your spare wheel/tyre, and your road wheel/tyre, there are plenty of web sites where you can compare the rolling circumference between wheel/tyre combo’s

Hi @Tsixty ..just done a bit of research and I believe that Zito 935 are rated at 900 kg...( this was taken from Tamar wheels web page)
Zito 935
Colour, Gloss Black
Size, 20″
Width, 8.5 and 9.5
Offset, et20-45
Fitment, 5×100, 5×108, 5×112, 5×114.3, 5×120,
Load Rating, 900kg

Mines a T32 on 18” and my sportline are rated 860kg

So looking good ....( my spare is still original 17” and would be if needed no worse than driving on a space saver wheel )

Back