Whats your camping set up if you have no camper conversion?

Currently - Vangear Nano Pod, actually never used for cooking or washing, just for storage inside the van. It can be lifted out quite easily for outside use. Also recently finished a Camit Design Pod which again can be lifted out or used in van. We are quite pleased with the Camit, still a few finishing touches but photo gives an idea. Supplied flat packed but of good quality. £136.50 The two side tables lift up to use as required. The top lid lifts and provides space for a stove etc. Plenty of room in the bottom cupboard.
By the way...the Nano Pod is currently listed in the For Sale section.
When cooking outside the van we use a fold-up kitchen stand thing which is actually very good and folds down flat, packs into a carry bag. Elite Kitchen Stand £35 or less on offer from Go Outdoors. Prior to that we had the use of a borrowed Outwell Padres kitchen thing - bamboo top etc etc but too good to expose to the elements!

nano.jpg

camit.jpg

Last edited:
Currently - Vangear Nano Pod, actually never used for cooking or washing, just for storage inside the van. It can be lifted out quite easily for outside use. Also recently finished a Camit Design Pod which again can be lifted out or used in van. We are quite pleased with the Camit, still a few finishing touches but photo gives an idea. Supplied flat packed but of good quality. £136.50 The two side tables lift up to use as required. The top lid lifts and provides space for a stove etc. Plenty of room in the bottom cupboard.
By the way...the Nano Pod is currently listed in the For Sale section.
When cooking outside the van we use a fold-up kitchen stand thing which is actually very good and folds down flat, packs into a carry bag. Elite Kitchen Stand £35 or less on offer from Go Outdoors. Prior to that we had the use of a borrowed Outwell Padres kitchen thing - bamboo top etc etc but too good to expose to the elements!

View attachment 87671

View attachment 87673
What are the dimensions on that pod in the second photo? It looks really small.

Shame you vangear pod is not the other way round.

What are the dimensions on that pod in the second photo? It looks really small.

Shame you vangear pod is not the other way round.
We had difficulty deciding on sink/flip table option but went for this as the flip table goes into the centre of the van, rather than out of the van. Initially we positioned the Nano centrally across the middle behind the two seats which still allowed access to the front, just! We then relocated it to behind the passenger seat. We don't have rails so made up an anchorage base for it.
The Camit 025
Height: 470mm Width: 660mm Depth: 350mm
Table size: Width: 350mm Depth: 300mm
Full width with both tables in use: 1260mm
Approx Weight: 13kg

We had difficulty deciding on sink/flip table option but went for this as the flip table goes into the centre of the van, rather than out of the van. Initially we positioned the Nano centrally across the middle behind the two seats which still allowed access to the front, just! We then relocated it to behind the passenger seat. We don't have rails so made up an anchorage base for it.
The Camit 025
Height: 470mm Width: 660mm Depth: 350mm
Table size: Width: 350mm Depth: 300mm
Full width with both tables in use: 1260mm
Approx Weight: 13kg
Thanks. I would want to position it behind the drivers seat.

Thanks for the info on the Camit. Just had a look on their website. If its 660mm wide why will it only fit a 350mm wide cooker?

That looks good, is it a VW part or other manufacturer?

From the Netherlands, ships direct.

Make sure that you are sitting down before scrolling down to the price!

Thank you. Will stick with what we have but always interesting to know!

We have a Caravelle table inside to stick your drinks on etc when inside, it’s also just big enough to eat off if you want to,

View attachment 86504

Cooking is all done outside under the rail sail, we have a Cadac and a small petrol stove, mainly use that for boiling the kettle.
View attachment 86503

View attachment 86502

if I’m on my own this is all I take, the fridge sits on a pull out drawer under the multiflex board at the back of the van. If the wife is with me or I need a little more space then I put an awning on the other side of the van. Plenty of room then for the porta loo, bikes and wet coats etc

View attachment 86501
Hi Deaky,

hope you’re keeping well mate?
Can I ask, what have you done for awning rail attachment on the side? I don’t really fancy drilling into it and wondered if you have a clever way of attaching a rail in the HiLo gully?

cheers

Hi Deaky,

hope you’re keeping well mate?
Can I ask, what have you done for awning rail attachment on the side? I don’t really fancy drilling into it and wondered if you have a clever way of attaching a rail in the HiLo gully?

cheers

you can fit a rail to the Hilo cassette just behind the origi]nal roof gutter. You can’t see it when the roof is down.
8B7C5546-B4DA-42AC-AA18-568A8012D34C.jpeg

This looks like a great bit of kit but a tad over engineered possibly in the Stainless steel?!

Anyone aware of a similar solution in wood? Thanks

you can fit a rail to the Hilo cassette just behind the origi]nal roof gutter. You can’t see it when the roof is down.
View attachment 112789

Hi mate, can you tell me what rail this is and where you got it from? and how you fitted it? I was intending on a Reimo multi rail but they're out of stock everywhere! Your setup also looks a million time better!

Hi mate, can you tell me what rail this is and where you got it from? and how you fitted it? I was intending on a Reimo multi rail but they're out of stock everywhere! Your setup also looks a million time better!
It's just a standard 'c' rail. It was supplied by the converter. It's just pop riveted through the roof cassette.

Back