What's my van worth??

Hello,

I am after some advice, the lease purchase on my T6 comes to the end of term next May. Balloon payment of my T32 DSG Indium Grey Highline van is £16,800. Van has done 25K miles.
Van was brought through my limited company.

Intend to order new T6.1 but not sure whether I should use current van as p/x (dealer offered my £21K) or buy it and try and sell it privately.

Has anyone experience of this and which way did you go and why?

Appreciate any guidance, love the forum. Also can't decide between Pure Grey or Indium Grey but that another question!!!

I've not done this with a van but my wife's car is on 3 year PCP. We've replaced it twice and always got a better than average price to trade up at the dealers, no doubt as they get to move new stock to keep head office happy.
Its all down to expected sale price obviously but not having to deal with private buyers is also a bonus with a trade in.

Much easier, but depends if you did anything to the van? The book value obviously won't take into account any 'extras' you fitted.

Have a look on autotrader and see if the sale values are better, less than £1k I wouldn't bother as it's s lot of money for private people to have and transfer etc

Thanks for replies, gut instinct is to p/x to avoid all the hassle with paperwork and transfer of ownership etc
Want to get a T6.1 with lots of options ticked. Probably be the last true VW transporter by the look of the T7 which looks more like a ford galaxy!!

Really happy with my decision to do lease purchase - Van was £30K plus VAT, paid VAT as deposit and claimed straight back. Also claimed full value against AIA which saved me £6K in corporation tax, now I am looking at £5.5K of equity after 3 years to put towards new one!!

I guess one thing to consider is that the part-ex will be classed as income and will be taxed as such.

Good point - in that case maybe i should sell it to myself first to reduce the amount of VAT back to the taxman?
Even with my accountants advice the tax implications around kombis is a nightmare!!

We buy vans so please send me the full specification and pictures please. Nice easy transaction if the price is agreed - bank transfer on collection.

Thanks for the interest, happy to send pictures etc, only catch is i don't need to sell until next March/April
If this is still of interest I will happily send you details

I sold my 5.1 earlier this week. 102 Highline, single slider, tailgate. Non VW service history. VAT qualifying.
It was a kombi conversion with 2x captain seats and 2+1 rear seats. Suede lined etc.
I took all 5 seats out to put in my new van (panel to kombi conversion again) so 5.1 sold with only front seats.
Just about every body panel needed attention. Bumps, dents, scratches, stone chips. The main problems were it was well due a timing belt and an EGR replacement.
all that considered and wanting a quickish sale I sold it to a local camper conversion company, who by the way can’t sell enough converted vans at the moment for 10+vat

How did you get on with this mate? Prices seem high for them at the moment
Lots of interest but new van won’t be with me till December so having to wait before selling. I would be happy to get £8.5k plus vat, think this is a fair price

Due to change of work it’s very possible I may have to sell my van. Because of spec. etc it’s bloody hard to come up with a price though! Any help would be appreciated.

Due to change of work it’s very possible I may have to sell my van. Because of spec. etc it’s bloody hard to come up with a price though! Any help would be appreciated.
I’m in exactly the same position. No idea how to value it.

Back