What's my van worth??

I'm on the hunt at the moment guys........can you send me some details please?

When I sold my old car ...used autotrader to find similar spec to work out valve...but vans are really holding good prices :thumbsup:

When I sold my old car ...used autotrader to find similar spec to work out valve...but vans are really holding good prices :thumbsup:
I’ve done similar but The prices do seem to vary quite a bit. I think I will go in high and be prepared to be bid Down

Reactions: DXX
The point of my thread was for people to offer suggestions of how I might value my van, as I’m sure there are people on here that have sold more vans than me. Otherwise I would’ve listed the full spec and said “what’s this worth”. It’s nice to just be nudged in the right direction so that I could learn myself, as opposed to asking someone to do the work for me.

I think it's a matter of looking all over the market (Autotrader, Cargurus, ebay etc) to find as many vans as you can that are similar to yours, so same age, similar mileage, door permutations, power, options etc as you can and taking some guidance from them, it won't give you an exact figure but it'll point you in the right direction. I like cargurus website because it gives you an idea if their algorithm thinks the advertised vehicle is good value or not.
At the end of the day this isn't an exact science, it's worth what somebody will pay on the day.

Not sure if yours is a work van or a camper or whatever as theres no info, however for my camper I have it insured for a specific value so if I was to sell it I would be selling it for that value.

If its a standard van you have then its no different than selling any other vehicle. A bit of research to check what the market value is for that vehicle with similar mileage and condition - Autotrader, ebay etc etc

If it’s a standard van it’s value can be compared with what’s already been sold in the same area.
If it’s converted as a camper it’s probably more to do with it meeting the potential buyers preferences and the time of year. I would start high and drop if there is absolutely zero interest or you need to sell quickly. If you get some viewings and can wait long enough a buyer will eventually come along.

Due to change of work it’s very possible I may have to sell my van. Because of spec. etc it’s bloody hard to come up with a price though! Any help would be appreciated.
This link might help....but your need to factor in any Extras that would up the price

Approx £30k
I think that the price is high. However, the mileage is low. I bought a 2012 Cali (about 75,000 miles) for £29k two years ago. I passed it on to family when I picked up my 2018 Cali on 22,000 miles in September.

Hope this helps a little

So got my new T6.1 on Thursday, its at body shop at the moment having some bits done. Just unsure what to do with my current T6, its a panel van at the moment, 204 lwb dsg.
Question is, do i sell it as it is or do i put the windows in the back and then get it lined out. Not sure what to do with it to be honest.

2nd question is what is it worth -
67 plate 204 dsg highline with just under 80k miles. I travel to Startford-Upon-Avon from Birmingham for my work. So 85% of the mileage is motorway miles.
Factory spec is;
Captain seats with arm rests, theyre done in leather same style as the sportline ones but without the sportline logo. All black
Front and rear parking sensors with reversing camera.
Front LEDS
Heated seats
App connect
Front sportline spoiler. (I added a splitter onto this too)
Rear sportline spoiler
All the highline bits, folding mirrors ac etc.

Put it up for sale while you are pondering for whatever you reckon you’d get for it. You’ll have probably sold it before you lift a finger!

I'm starting to look for a van.
A local VW dealer has a T32 SE 2.0TDI 150PS LWB BMT DSG 18 plate for £26k
Done around 30k miles.

It's the SE spec so not the best. Got steel wheels etc.
Stone chips on the bonnet. But apart from that clean and tidy.

Looks to have been a taxi of some sort due to no smoking stickers inside.

Seems too cheap to me.

Are these usually this sort of price? Or is something terrible lurking in wait for me?

Done around 30k miles.

Seems too cheap to me.

Are these usually this sort of price? Or is something terrible lurking in wait for me?
Seems an ok deal to me! Maybe have the dealer sort out the stone chips. At the end of the day, it is really about what you want and what your budget is. 30k miles might sound high but it also sounds like it is reflected in the price. After all, it is LWB and a T32

Done around 30k miles.

Seems too cheap to me.

Not too cheap - I just bought a 2019, same spec, for that price with lower miles from a main dealer. Go for it, I say!

Back