What TV are you watching??

Watched Darklands over the past few nights:
Gangland crime drama set in small-town Ireland. Damien, a young MMA fighter with dreams of escaping his tough neighbourhood, is held back by his struggling family and his brother Wes's involvement with the local drug gang. On the eve of a big fight, a major drug deal goes wrong and Wes goes missing, events which drag Damien into a dangerous new world potentially fraught with violence and even murder. The ending was a letdown, but storyline was good.

The Hundred
Never liked watching cricket, but this format is fantastic to watch!

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Finished Lupin Season 2 - Absolutely brilliant.
Finished The Irregulars - It had a few dodgy moments but we kept with it and it got better towards the end. Not sure if I'd bother with Season 2 though (if it gets made).
Rewatching The Righteous Gemstones Season 1 which has some very, very funny (and cringeworthy) moments. Sometimes I've got to remind myself that although it's a make believe comedy, it's a pretty good depiction of the world of real life 'Televangelists' in the good old USofA.

Finished Manifest S3
started Baptiste S2
Just given up on Baptiste 2, too much backwards and forwards in time plot swervery. I found I couldn't invest a shred of sympathy in the main female character or the loss of her barely functioning family.
Completely OT but watching Cleetus and co on YouTube getting their various banger speedboats together ready for a dash to Key West is far more immersive, I'm rooting for James and his ancient big block jet boat, properly scary sounding.

I watch Cleetus every week, the boat stuff is great.

Finished Baptiste now watching Mare of Eastown

Finished Fargo Season 3 last night. Still good but a lot darker than the previous two seasons and without their comedy undercurrent. Spoiler Alert: I think I was kind of disappointed that the Varga character (as played by David Thewliss) didn't meet that most unpleasant end that anybody could possibly imagine (which would still have been too good for him).

Finished Mare of Eastown
watching The Truth

if anyone is into music or music tech, I watched the whole season of Watch the Sound with Mark Ronson this weekend it was brilliant.

Bit late to the party but we just started watching Ted Lasso. Hard to do sharp comedy that's also completely warm and adorable, great stuff.

Watched Ted Lasso season 1 and what a great "feel good" show. It's hard not to like this guy. Watching season 2 now. wicked.

Caught the first episode of 'The Newsreader' last night - it's an Australian series based on a TV news channel in 1986 and the relationships between the various individuals that work there. It did the whole 1980s thing quite well and I always like to be reminded of just how much drinking and smoking went on in the office in those days. My Mrs thought it was quite good as well but personally I'm probably biased as I would watch it's female lead, Anna Torv, doing the washing up and still nominate her for an Emmy afterwards (sci fi fans might remember her as the lead in 'Fringe').

Last edited:
We watched the first episode of 'Fauda' last night. It's entirely in Hebrew and Arabic and neither of us usually gets on with stuff that's sub-titled all the way through but it was so good that we stuck with it and by the time that it really got going after about 20 minutes we were both on the edge of our seats. If it maintains the same standard and pace, it should be one hell of a ride (and they've made 3 season so far).

What some bad ass TV series try Hit & Run (Netflix) Just finished it........ head hurts from all the beer..............

Back