What TV are you watching??

Newquay, I knew there was somewhere else to visit down here... just a thought but whose idea was it to put anagrams underneath the road signs for each villages name?
Anyway we're off to St Michael's Mount or Trent Reznor tomorrow depending on how persisting the sunshine is or how Hingerlaaand do tonight.

Saw the last two episodes of the latest (Anglo/French) version of War of The Worlds last night. Another take on an old story but it was a hell of a lot better that the last one that we started but didn't finish (starring Rafe Spall) and the Tom Cruise film version. It was another one that managed to bring things to a satisfactory conclusion as well, even if it was a slight variation on the original.

Also forgot to mention getting to the end of Series 1 of Fargo - can't understand how we missed it the first time and I hope the rest of them are just as good. Being an old softy (as in a soft heart rather than Walter the Softy), I did like the happy ending as well!

Last edited:
Also forgot to mention getting to the end of Series 1 of Fargo - can't inderstand how we missed it the first time and I hope the rest of them are just as good. Being an old softy (as in a soft heart rather than Walter the Softy), I did like the happy ending as well!
1,2,3 are great 4 is different......... Enjoy

Watched the last ever two episodes of Bosch last night - absolutely brilliantly and a lesson to any TV company on how to make a show and bring it to a proper conclusion. It's just a shame that they couldn't have squeezed a couple more series in before doing so. Can't wait for the promised spin off.
We just watched episode 1 and 2 of the first series- we have a long way to go. Looking forward to it given the comments on here.

@Alan Ginger - Enjoy. As I think I mentioned on here earlier my wife and I have already agreed that we're going to start from the beginning again at some point soon. It's one of those shows where I actually wish that I hadn't already seen it and then it would be new all over again!

Finished the Blacklist
Finished Mosquito Coast S1
Binge watching Bosch this week.

Finished the Blacklist
Finished Mosquito Coast S1
Binge watching Bosch this week.
Yip finished the Blacklist on Sunday - 4 out of 5 - now on to Bosch ( as recommended by the forum) - I knew there was a reason I joined

We’ve got the last two of Mosquito Coast to watch and have enjoyed it so far. Just never got on with The Blacklist and IIRC binned it a couple of episodes in.

Watched The Outpost on Amazon, really gritty and realistic film of American soldiers defending a base in the Afghan mountains. Recommended.

We finished Season 1 of The Mosquito Coast last night. After a pretty slow first episode, the rest of the series picked up nicely and it certainly did enough to make us want Season 2 to arrive soon (but word is that it willl be April - June 22).
It was remiss of @Loz not to mention that the last episode even featured a bit of old (but tatty) VW Camper action:
Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 10.28.31.pngScreenshot 2021-07-10 at 10.29.41.png

I didn’t want you to jump to the final episode.

We have finished Bosch and now starting Gangs of London.

Making my way through Bosch, it’s like a good book that you just don’t want to put down. ( S3 E5 ) :cool:
Again thanks to it being recommended on here. :thumbsup:

I just think the theme music is a little dull :unsure:

There’s some football on apparently. Might watch that.

Pete

@DaveD @Pete C. I'm beginning to think that I should have watched Bosch again instead!

@Ghost. Agree on the theme music but that's far outweighed by the quality of most of the incidental music that is played either in the car or house by Harry and Maddie. Also, the dog has the coolest name. Then again, I'm probably biased as I'm a jazz lover.

Last edited:
@Ghost. Agree on the theme music but that's far outweighed by the quality of most of the incidental music that is played either inthe car or house by Harry and Maddie. Also, the dog has the coolest name. Then again, I'm probably biased as I'm a jazz lover
Agree.. I find myself Shazam-ing something in most episodes.

Back