What TV are you watching??

We missed Fargo the first time around mainly because I seem to be one of the very few people in the world who thought the film overrated and therefore couldn't be bothered to watch the TV show. However, in the last two weeks, I've had several people recommend it and as a consequence have decided to give it a go as and when time permits. Mind you, I've also downloaded Chernobyl for a second viewing and that takes a definite priority though.

Loads of great shows mentioned here.

As a T6 newb, I’m ploughing through hours and hours of van content on YouTube.

Picking up YouTube premium has proven to be an incredible investment.

We missed Fargo the first time around mainly because I seem to be one of the very few people in the world who thought the film overrated and therefore couldn't be bothered to watch the TV show. However, in the last two weeks, I've had several people recommend it and as a consequence have decided to give it a go as and when time permits. Mind you, I've also downloaded Chernobyl for a second viewing and that takes a definite priority though.
I watched the TV Series first, maybe series 1 and 2. Then watched the film, tbh, can’t really remember the film being that good. So maybe I was lucky watching it this way around?

Caught up with 'Friends: The Reunion' last night. If you were a fan of the show (as we both were) you would probably love it but if not a fan or, indeed, had never watched it, you would wonder what all the fuss was about and turn over pretty quickly.

Haven't seen a mention of "The Nevers" on this thread but a bunch of Victorian wimmin with MMA abilities plus some gratuitous naughty bits and what's not to like?

For All Mankind
Available on Apple TV

Just got to end of season one and it’s amazing. Had my wife and myself on the edge of our seats the whole way through. Real heart in your mouth stuff. Brilliant.

Had to watch the final episode - hence the late post…

Whitstable Pearl... Kent's answer to Death in Paradise and comfort viewing, also Loki with Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson so suitably amusing Marvel mayhem.

Midway through Chernobyl the second time around and it just confirms my original opinion that it's one of the most gripping bits of TV that I've ever seen.
Seeing Paul Ritter in Chrernobyl prompted us to revisit Friday Night Dinner which remains a constantly very funny piece of TV.
Other stuff currently teed up on the usb drive includes:
Fargo - never seen it but am about to start on Season 1.
Hacks - an excellent show from the US about a veteran Las Vegas comedian and a much younger writer forced upon her by their agent. Jean Smart is, as ever, excellent as the lead character which must have a more that little of Joan Rivers in it.
Intelligence (Season 2) - Only two episodes so far but doesn't seem to be as good as the first season.
Justified - Watched the last two ever episodes last weekend. As I've said before, it's a modern western at heart and I just loved it from beginning to end - it never put a foot wrong although that would probably be quite difficult to do given that it was base up an Elmore Leonard story and he was involved in the production.
Lupin - Just getting to the end of Season 1 of this and already looking forward to Season 2 (which is available now). We thought it a great watch about a modern day french 'gentleman thief'. There are both sub-titled and English dubbed versions out there and surprisingly for me anyway, the dubbed one is better.
Manifest - got the last two episodes to watch. I've found it enjoyable but can't get over the impression that it's started to run out of steam. I doubt it would survive another season but we will see.
Mr Inbetween (Season 3) - I've mentioned this Australian comedy drama ( at leat, I think that's what it's supposed to be!) on here before - there are a lot worse ways to spend 30 minutes with the TV.
Tehran - Still to watch but looking forward to it.
The Irregulars - Still OK but another one that seems to be running out of steam a bit.
The Last Ship - Going to watch the very last two episodes this weekend. As I've said before, it can be a bit "God Bless America' but never fails to deliver some top notch action sequences.
The Mighty Boost - This is a bit marmite but I think it has moments of near genius off the wall comedy.
The Mosquito Coast - Not started yet but I hope it's as good as the book.
Your Honor - Only four episodes in but so far well worth watching just for the usual very solid performance by Bryan Cranston and, if it's need a good lesson in how lies can run away from you and spin everything out of control.

Looking forward:
Come on England!
Bosch - The new (and final) season kicks off on 26 June - can't wait for that one and the spin off series that's due next year.
Ted Lasso - 24 July is the date of the new season. If it;'s anything like the first, it will be well worth it.

Bloody hell, I didn't think I would go on that much - sorry.

Bosch - The new (and final) season

nooooooooo, they're finishing it? not happy with that.

havent seen S.W.A.T. mentioned. half decent TV Viewing, very americanised, one of those that you wont miss much if you look at your phone, but not so slow that you dont look back. S4E01 was a very powerful political statement. Would love to know how it was received stateside

For All Mankind
Available on Apple TV

Just got to end of season one and it’s amazing. Had my wife and myself on the edge of our seats the whole way through. Real heart in your mouth stuff. Brilliant.

Had to watch the final episode - hence the late post…
Season two is great as well. I can't wait to see where they take the story in Season 3. It's filling the gap whilst I wait for the next season of The Expanse (probably the best sci-fi tv ever, or at least a very close tie with BSG). I've also enjoyed The Mandalorian as a refreshingly light-hearted change with great (but subtle) humour.

Currently waiting on Foundations to land on Apple TV. Hoping it can live up to expectations.

Back