What TV are you watching??

Deutschland 89 was poor in comparison to the 83’ and 86’ versions. Lack of a previously provided decent soundtrack didn’t help...

Slowly shaking his head whilst muttering ”Mother of god...” is how Superintendent Ted Hastings would probably sum it up...

Needless to say, roll on tonight’s search for Bent Coppers... ;)

Last edited:
Just started on 'Your Honor' - only watched the 1st episode so far but it was plenty good enough for us to keep going with it. That said, the first episode wasn't particularly easy viewing in places (if you've seen it, you will probably know what I mean!).

Just started on 'Your Honor' - only watched the 1st episode so far but it was plenty good enough for us to keep going with it. That said, the first episode wasn't particularly easy viewing in places (if you've seen it, you will probably know what I mean!).

Worth sticking with IMO...:thumbsup:

"Mare of Easttown"... laugh a minute US police detective drama... not.:confused:
Will watch the next episode but Kate Winslett as the lead wants a kick up the backside as she's on a right downer... something there though even if only to show how grim life can be for the huddled masses in the land of the free.
Haven't seen it yet but want to give "Rutherford Falls" a look as it's a Michael Schur series and Brooklyn Nine Nine plus The Good Place we're good enough.

We both enjoyed the latest series of 'Line of Duty' until the end of last nights season finale when we looked at each other and Mrs said that she thought it was all a bit flat whereas I just thought it was a rubbish way to end it.

We started on the much hyped 'Intergalactic' over the weekend and managed to get through the first episode and about 10 minutes of the second. We're both big sci fi fans but I suspect that people of our age are simply just not the target audience - IMHO that's probably 12 year olds who are allowed to hear a bit of bad language on the telly.

On the plus side, Godfather of Harlem is back and is a very good watch.

We watched Line of Duty - it died a death at the end and to be honest the same team of actors and writers did Save Me and Save Me Too: exactly the same thing happened - great to watch right up until the last episode of the last series and then it died a death also

We watched the first episode of Intergalactic, turned to each other and sad "Nah"
Going to watch Hunter Killer this afternoon on Prime with beer and nibbles.

Last edited:
We both enjoyed the latest series of 'Line of Duty' until the end of last nights season finale when we looked at each other and Mrs said that she thought it was all a bit flat whereas I just thought it was a rubbish way to end it.

If that’s it I’d tend to agree, but my guess is the BBC won’t slay the Goose that laid the Golden Egg. So while we were hoping for Mackerel, they’re still dishing out Sprats fella… ;)

Looking forward to the new BBC drama HMS Vigil…

f that’s it I’d tend to agree, but my guess is the BBC won’t slay the Goose that laid the Golden Egg
That's just making excuses - a crap ending is a crap ending however you dress it up. It didn't even tet anything up for the yet to be confirmed or denied next season!
Try this: The Blacklist
We tried it when it first aired 2013 or whenever it was and IIRC, it didn't pass the two episodes test. Can't remember why though after that much time.

That's just making excuses - a crap ending is a crap ending however you dress it up. It didn't even tet anything up for the yet to be confirmed or denied next season!

I did agree IF that was it, but GUESS as I said it may not be… either way they haven’t nicked the jam out of my doughnut ;)

Just finished watching the first season of Falcon and the winter soldier with my son, a bit American cheese but entertaining none the less. Also started watching Marco Polo the other night, so far so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
We watched a couple of episodes of Jupiter's Legacy last night and both thought it was terrific and I reckon it will get better as the back stories unfold. For context, I'm a self-confessed sci-fi nut and as a kid (in the dark ages) was an avid DC and Marvel comic book reader. However, the proliferation of comic based films and TV series over the last few years has left me completely 'marvelled out' to the extent that all I do usually do nowadays when yet another one is announced is groan and not pay it any further attention (that said, can't wait for the third (and final) Guardians of the Galaxy movie!).

Last edited:
We watched the first episode of Intergalactic, turned to each other and sad "Nah"
Going to watch Hunter Killer this afternoon with beer and nibbles.
We also started watching Intergalactic. It is fairly crap. Some of it was filmed very close to me on NT land and I walked through the set as they were constructing it and we watched some of it being filmed. We will continue with it as we want to see how it looks on film compared to in real life. As my wife said, it'll just be our luck we'll have to wait to the end!
Some photos from the set

Last edited:
Back