What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Is that the Alpine T6 upgrade pack, std head unit or amp?

One thing I miss about my old car is the 12 speaker Canton audio system, it sounded epic.

The T6 system (even in a Caravelle with a little extra sound deadening) just doesn't even come close. The Alpine upgrade is on my to do list at some point.
Yes it is , std head unit , no room for amp , well worth taking the time to fit the sound deadening,
It really has made a big difference.

Agree - personal taste but as I've never had 'flash' wheels before it was my choice to splurge and Mrs G got the two tone choice.
BUT - although they are ghastly, I noted what appears to be corrosion and only the other day someone mentioned this was their experience with a polished wheel as well - so now I am wondering if this is a 'thing' for all those wheels?
The dreaded 'white worm' has indeed been mentioned around these parts!

So after my solo T6 Spring camp:) I came away with four mods: strip lights on pop top, usb on VW badge, diffuser on exposed led strip and this one:

Last year threw the orange "light of death" fridge out and replaced it with a chest fridge. In the camp discovered the 12v cable was long enough for the fridge to go in the Driveaway Awning. Absolute Game changer for food prep but the cable was a trip hazard. Solved with a 12v SAE feed under passenger seat.

Don't ask me why I label everything I guess its a sub conscious Gotham City 'Bat cave' thing. Come to think of it the black illuminated VW sign reminds me of something.

IMG_6588.jpeg

IMG_6587.jpeg

IMG_6590.jpeg

Ok, dimmer definitely needed. They're just a bit too bright at full whack, and dimming them will help with light leak too if I'm stealth camping.

View attachment 238663
View attachment 238664
Before, with no light above the kitchen, or the single flexible spot light:
View attachment 238665
View attachment 238666
At minimum:
View attachment 238667
Full whack
View attachment 238668

Mind you, even at full brightness they're nowhere near as eye piercing as the factory LED roof lights, those things are BRIGHT.

And yes, I know there's a few LED's out on one strip, luckily I've got enough left to cut another length, I didn't notice until I'd cut the strip. Tbh I'll probably end up getting some more for for some extra low level lighting in the back of the van.
My van main internal lights are all leds with positive side switched. These were also too bright and needed dimming. Unfortunately simplicity for the van converter meant that each led had local negative (ground) used. This made dimming a real pain as most simple (cheap) dimmers are fitted in the negative rail. I eventually found this

which although expensive gives a variety of options and has proved to work well and reliably. I use a single momentary switch to turn on/off/dim.

Ian

So after my solo T6 Spring camp:) I came away with four mods: strip lights on pop top, usb on VW badge, diffuser on exposed led strip and this one:

Last year threw the orange "light of death" fridge out and replaced it with a chest fridge. In the camp discovered the 12v cable was long enough for the fridge to go in the Driveaway Awning. Absolute Game changer for food prep but the cable was a trip hazard. Solved with a 12v SAE feed under passenger seat.

Don't ask me why I label everything I guess its a sub conscious Gotham City 'Bat cave' thing. Come to think of it the black illuminated VW sign reminds me of something.

View attachment 238729

View attachment 238730

View attachment 238731
Ahhh, memories of my dear departed Dad who used to label everything that wasn't breathing! I have a collection of Dymo Tape machines and indeed loads of the colourful rolls of plastic strippy stuff! Should anyone require such a 'useful' product, let me know!

Reactions: CAB
Ahhh, memories of my dear departed Dad who used to label everything that wasn't breathing! I have a collection of Dymo Tape machines and indeed loads of the colourful rolls of plastic strippy stuff! Should anyone require such a 'useful' product, let me know!
that will be me then

Back