What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I found a video on YouTube that showed how to do it. I did break one clip though, but took me about 20 minutes, I did not disconnect the heated mirrors, just worked around them

Today has been a load of cutting, stripping, crimping, and heatshrinking on the kitchen pod.

View attachment 234565

View attachment 234566

Apologies to the OCD folk for the single black wire in the bundle of reds :rofl: that's the negative for my dimmer switch which is yet to be fitted above the other switches.

Still need to heatshrink most of the connections too.
I'd be much more triggered if you'd used a red wire for colour consistency but it was actually a ground :think smile bounce:

Nice tidy wire work, always a nice thing to see :inlove:

Picked it up from the independent garage that has serviced and MOT’d all my vehicles for well over 20 years. MOT done, passed but with an advisory for rear near side tyre wear. I have Michelin Agilis Crossclimates on the front, a pair for the rear are getting on for £500!!
View attachment 234640
I put some notes here, you're probably looking at either the SUV or the Agilis versions, if you have one type already probably best to stick with the same:

The price does sting a bit but I always view this the other way - if that cost stops you smashing a wing into a lampost in the winter you won't regret the spend at that point.

Common issue, I had to re seal mine on the drivers side too. Of course the drains only have to deal with water if it gets past the seals, so that's the first thing I'd do.

View attachment 234712
Common issue, I had to re seal mine on the drivers side too. Of course the drains only have to deal with water if it gets past the seals, so that's the first thing I'd do.

View attachment 234712
I think I have done that okay. I think what happens is people poke down the round drain hole inside and push the base of the drain away and break the seal. If it stops raining this weekend I will do my other door.

I put some notes here, you're probably looking at either the SUV or the Agilis versions, if you have one type already probably best to stick with the same:

The price does sting a bit but I always view this the other way - if that cost stops you smashing a wing into a lampost in the winter you won't regret the spend at that point.
Thanks @roadtripper like you I’ve never been a fan of cheap rubber. You can have all the toys and the biggest brakes, but if the rubber is no good you’ll not stop anywhere near as efficiently and quickly as with a good tyre.
Mine are the Agilis version, and I noted a huge difference in price across the variants with mine being at the top end. Still, the pair on the front are wearing really well.

Hi
Not what I’ve done but what I’ve noticed on the van,
Looks like it’s taken a knock on the roof, there’s a bit of marbling and a slight crack.
Is this easy to fix?
Thanks

C0F23057-86F1-4C68-8162-1A43A66A644B.jpeg

5E592CF5-1CFC-42EE-8EA5-F6A91E285FF8.jpeg

C975230A-EC84-409E-8673-C14BCC8C6B1A.jpeg

60E2C130-D6F8-4448-AC8A-1922199ED4B2.jpeg

Nice - what wheels? LV3?

I used Silentcoat sheets - got 2 sheets on the outer door skin by reaching in through the speaker hole, about 6 sheets on the inner metal panel and 2 on the back of the door card. All cut to suit.

I’m sure the pros use more sheets and also dismantle the door fully but I couldn’t be arsed.

Well, this was spot on advice! I fitted the sound deadening and Gladen speakers today. Ordered a 20 sheet pack of Silentcoat and got the same outcome.

IMG_5774.jpeg

IMG_5775.jpeg

IMG_5782.jpeg

Well pleased with it. A note for anyone else installing into T6.1 would be to trim the plastic around the speaker ring on the inside of the door cards. It was vibrating anyway when the stock speakers were fitted but I have a feeling it was actually pressing against the cones on the Gladens as the sound was way better after trimming (and no vibrations)

Then got a couple of pics of how it’s sitting (couldn’t be arsed to clean it - that’s a Sunday job I think)

IMG_5781.jpeg

IMG_5779.jpeg

Well, this was spot on advice! I fitted the sound deadening and Gladen speakers today. Ordered a 20 sheet pack of Silentcoat and got the same outcome.

View attachment 234881

View attachment 234882

View attachment 234883

Well pleased with it. A note for anyone else installing into T6.1 would be to trim the plastic around the speaker ring on the inside of the door cards. It was vibrating anyway when the stock speakers were fitted but I have a feeling it was actually pressing against the cones on the Gladens as the sound was way better after trimming (and no vibrations)

Then got a couple of pics of how it’s sitting (couldn’t be arsed to clean it - that’s a Sunday job I think)

View attachment 234884

View attachment 234885
What flavour 911 are you hiding in the background:)

Back