What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Finished off my wiring and a few other odds and ends on my kitchen pod, then put it in the van to test.

1000007126.jpg

It works! :rofl:

Had a moment with the USB ports and tap pump not working, then I remembered I hadn't flipped the switch on them... :p

I going to leave the fridge on overnight to make sure it's all good and to see how much it uses to get down to temp and once it's at temperature.

It's currently pulling about 35w with just the fridge on.

1000007127.png

I'm glad I decided to go for a light above the counter top, my main led strip will be down facing and there's no light at all on the counter with them.
1000007129.jpg

Battery - after 2 hrs it's down 2% with only the fridge on, nothing else, and it's 10 degrees outside.

That gives me, at 100% charge (AGM 75Ah battery, 37.5Ah usable), 37hrs until 50% charge. Or (more likely) from 80% charge (thanks OEM split charge!), that means 22Ah usable so not even 24hrs before I'm out of power! Use the heater, or charge a few things and even less!

Spare wheel misery.

I dropped off my steel wheels at the local wheel refurb company but couldn't get the spare off. The bolt which you usually have to remove was just spinning. I took it to my local mechanic who found it was a locking wheel nut. As I'd never had the spare off before and never had the tool to remove it, the mechanic removed the locking wheel nut and popped a new normal nut on. I'm glad I did that, (had to get the spare off) as I'd have been stuck of I ever got a flat tyre.

I know it's easier for thieves now but the cost of a second hand steel wheel is less than a recovery these days.

More work on the worktop... Chiseled out the LED strip channel corners so I could cut the aluminium channel to fit flush with each other.

1000007139.jpg

Just need to drill and countersink the channel, and drill pilot holes for the channel screws and mounting bracket screws, then I can sand it and start coating it with polyx! :D

Finally got round to cleaning my poptop roof. Being black it was looking very sad. Flat and dull with years of grime. Had tried everything under the sun previously to no avail. Spotted Meguiar's Marine RV 49 Boat Oxidation Remover over winter which I have used today for the first time. Certainly cuts through the layer of dirt built up over years and brings finish back nice and shiny. Finished off with a polish coating and a layer of wax. See how long it lasts now. If not successful will be vinyl wrap next time.

Screenshot_20240330_171319_Chrome.jpg

Before (can see where solar panels were).

Screenshot_20240330_155333_Nest.jpg

After.

Screenshot_20240330_155251_Nest.jpg

I am completely knacked now. That was a job and half!!

More work on the worktop... Chiseled out the LED strip channel corners so I could cut the aluminium channel to fit flush with each other.

View attachment 234973

Just need to drill and countersink the channel, and drill pilot holes for the channel screws and mounting bracket screws, then I can sand it and start coating it with polyx! :D
Looks really good mate, nice clean work!

Finally got round to cleaning my poptop roof. Being black it was looking very sad. Flat and dull with years of grime. Had tried everything under the sun previously to no avail. Spotted Meguiar's Marine RV 49 Boat Oxidation Remover over winter which I have used today for the first time. Certainly cuts through the layer of dirt built up over years and brings finish back nice and shiny. Finished off with a polish coating and a layer of wax. See how long it lasts now. If not successful will be vinyl wrap next time.

View attachment 234971

Before (can see where solar panels were).

View attachment 234974

After.

View attachment 234975

I am completely knacked now. That was a job and half!!
Great job!

Back