What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Started my leisure electrics. Battery etc under passenger seat. Charge unit and 240v to go under drivers seat to leave room for Diesel Heater outlet. Ran out of time so will nibble at it in the week. Lining and insulation on the 11th so hopefully all sorted for then.
1000013735.jpg

Last edited:
Winter wheels look spot on! I’d be interested in your opinion on your new Cross Climate tyres…. comfort, ride, feel etc, etc???
Really impressed so far, had it over some slushy/snowy covered roads at sub zero temps this morning, couldn’t fault it. I don’t think the F1’s I just took off would have coped so well!

probably a common task this time of year. I noticed the van was slow at starting and the resting battery was at 11.6v. So replaced the starter battery and coded with Carista. All good and stop start kicked back same day. Just had to sort the one touch windows wind down thing.

Reactions: CAB
My Carista was show my battery at 11.1v today and it starts on the button, that’s strange isn’t it

Started my “pack” ahead of my Slovakia trip

IKEA Klamtare boxes - a LWB shuittle will take a bed of 9 laid out like this. I usually stack behind the seats and strap down then the dog beds go on the rear third of the loading bay.

These boxes are super super strong. They can be loaded with heavy stuff and dragged and moved around on top off without any issues. Only downside is they are tapered so not that great for some items but they slot together nicely like this with the middle ones upside down.

The two the right way up with the lables on are for tools and items. One on the right is all that is needed for a tyre issue and the one on the left contains various useful bits and bobs. It means I only need to remove the right box when I get a puncture or blowout and the trolley jack is straped to the back of the mid row seats so can be accessed from the sliding. This is about my 20th trip packing this way and each time minor mods take place. LOL

IMG_2408.jpeg

Last edited:
Started the rib bed install. I went in with a plan having watched the combe valley video on the subject and studied the instructions, but of course nothing goes to plan!

The C member needed to sit much further forward than I thought in order to account for the bed position, which itself is extremely tight due to my Evo Motion furniture.
Then the galvanised steel was absolutely chewing up my HSS drill bits so I'll have to do the other holes tomorrow after getting some more. At least the hard bit is out the way!

Yesterday took the Caravelle for it's first service (in my ownership) and got some expensive oil swapped out, thankfully on a discounted service plan.

Also picked up some top up to keep on the garage shelf in case I get the warning again. Interestingly the dealer was clear I should use 0W-30 not 5W-30.

In the end it wasn't with the van centre I got the vehicle from as they just seemed disinterested in service work. I got fed up of leaving messages for calls that were never returned. Thankfully I have 3 in roughly the same distance so it went to the one that first got us interested in Caravelles, they had a lovely one in Bronze that I really wanted but the light interior was no way compatible with the 2 trolls younguns picnicking in the back.

Yesterday took the Caravelle for it's first service (in my ownership) and got some expensive oil swapped out, thankfully on a discounted service plan.

Also picked up some top up to keep on the garage shelf in case I get the warning again. Interestingly the dealer was clear I should use 0W-30 not 5W-30.

In the end it wasn't with the van centre I got the vehicle from as they just seemed disinterested in service work. I got fed up of leaving messages for calls that were never returned. Thankfully I have 3 in roughly the same distance so it went to the one that first got us interested in Caravelles, they had a lovely one in Bronze that I really wanted but the light interior was no way compatible with the 2 trolls younguns picnicking in the back.
Also now just done all the seals with Shin-Etsu given it's rainy and cold season but today is bright and dry.

Reactions: CAB
Back