What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted carpeted panels to both sliding door and fixed (drivers side) panel - the latter incorporating table and further storage, LED lighting and recess for 240V socket and diesel heater controls. Day van conversion nearing completion (or at least that's what she thinks!). Just awaiting cover for socket and to new (probably birch ply) table top.

View attachment 201063View attachment 201064View attachment 201062View attachment 201061

View attachment 201060View attachment 201065
Getting it just how you want it! Nice one!

Fitted carpeted panels to both sliding door and fixed (drivers side) panel - the latter incorporating table and further storage, LED lighting and recess for 240V socket and diesel heater controls. Day van conversion nearing completion (or at least that's what she thinks!). Just awaiting cover for socket and to new (probably birch ply) table top.

View attachment 201063View attachment 201064View attachment 201062View attachment 201061

View attachment 201060View attachment 201065
That looks fab :thumbsup:

Fitted ClimAir deflectors, and cab mat & rear rug from Fat Bob. Not sure about putting the step mats on, I have visions of loads of crud getting stuck around the edges.

View attachment 201107 View attachment 201108

Fitted ClimAir deflectors, and cab mat & rear rug from Fat Bob. Not sure about putting the step mats on, I have visions of loads of crud getting stuck around the edges.

View attachment 201107 View attachment 201108
Do the doors on your bed panel still open ok with the rug?

Um so tried to use aviation snips to cut out the barn door panel and it’s not working.
Luckily it’s going to be a dry night

IMG_1410.jpeg

Van loaded up with the glass, ready for an early start tomorrow for help from my brother who has a workshop and lots of tools I can use.

IMG_1417.jpeg

Sound deadening the front passenger door. Couldn’t line the door metal as not brave enough to take the inside door panel off and line behind, so did the reverse of the external door card as well.
View attachment 199642
Been out for a drive for the first time since I finished doing all the rest sound deadening / thermoliner / fleece. Massive difference, feels much more solid and quiet!
Drivers door and external wheel arches still to do.
Worth doing the scuttle?
I did my scuttle. Not an easy task but I certainly noticed the difference. Get some anti cut gloves before you do though, oh and you will need a pulled to get the wiper arms off.

The inner door cards aren’t as difficult as you think to take off plus deadening the door panels really does make a huge difference too.

Last edited:
I did my scuttle. Not an easy task but I certainly priced the difference. Get some anti cut gloves before you do though, oh and you will need a pulled to get the wiper arms off.

The inner door cards aren’t as difficult as you think to take off plus deadening the door panels really does make a huge difference too.
This is the puller I got, used it loads and works well.

IMG_8157.jpeg

Um so tried to use aviation snips to cut out the barn door panel and it’s not working.

View attachment 201160

Van loaded up with the glass, ready for an early start tomorrow for help from my brother who has a workshop and lots of tools I can use.

View attachment 201161
Beg, borrow or steal a compressor, then use an air nibbler.

View attachment 201160

View attachment 201161
Hole cutter for each corner then use a jigsaw. That’s how I did since I didn’t have a nibbler

View attachment 201160

View attachment 201161
You can get a nibbler attachment for a drill. Goes through it like a knife through butter with no sparks and no sharp edges left behind.
I used a fine metal blade on a recip saw for the reinforcing strips.

Finally got around to sound deadening the doors. What an ar*e of a job.

And the scuttle, which was easy enough, apart from the wiper arms, which fought.

Alas I can't tell the difference in noise reduction, but the doors sound good when I shut them.

Guess I'll have to do the front floor and arches and see if that helps.

Reactions: CAB
2nd the jigsaw. I didn't use a hole cutter tho. Just drill bits and step up until the hole is big enough for the jigsaw blade.
I used these blades.
Bosch Bayonet Jigsaw Blade T118A Metal | Toolstation

Then these cheap and cheerful aviation snips to remove the excess.
Minotaur Aviation Snips 250mm Left | Toolstation
We did end up using those blades for the second window. Although still managed to snap 2 and bend 1…
Went through 3 T318A blades on the first window. Someone else in the forum had recommended them.

Those snips look good and great price! I paid slightly more for my ones (£16.99).

Built a new rack for my tools as got tired of my old rack system ( I'm in the flooring trade) give space for flooring materials. Liked the ovano / cadco set up so made my own to my requirements as don't need bulkhead and wanted it level with rear seat folded. Before..1000008345.jpg

Back