What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

What tyres are you running?
255/35/20, bit lower profile than I’d like but using the Will They Fit website they’re almost the exact same circumference as the original 205/65/16 tyres meaning the speedo is only 0.5mph out at 30mph. Other sizes are up to nearly 3mph out and I wanted the speedo to be as accurate as possible.

Thanks yes got some of those but I can’t extract the stud from the bodywork. I can take the bolt off the top and release the holding down strap bracket but the stud bolt just spins and I can’t seem to get it out of the body??
They are supposed to be captive threads in the van floor - sounds like yours have come loose/failed.
You’ll need to get under the van and probably remove the heat shield/plastic undertray to see underneath in the middle of the van.

You will then need to get a spanner/socket/mole grips on them and have someone inside try and unscrew.

Changed my air filter. Bought Carista and did the necessary needle sweep, will be forcing a dpf regen this evening.

They are supposed to be captive threads in the van floor - sounds like yours have come loose/failed.
You’ll need to get under the van and probably remove the heat shield/plastic undertray to see underneath in the middle of the van.

You will then need to get a spanner/socket/mole grips on them and have someone inside try and unscrew.
Thank you. That sounds like a job and a half for a bolt removal!

Back