What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

My neighbours love that cheeky little beep. I always check it’s locked when I go to bed.
What you need is that aftermarket alarm popular in the 80’s that used to say “System Armed” (like Kitt in Knightrider!)

• Love
Reactions: CAB
Another expensive day as I bought it some road tax and insurance. I also had to take some new pictures for the new Agreed Value Insurance so I took the opportunity to wash off the grime from our recent french road trip and give it a little polish before doing so. That should do until we get back from our next long trip which isn't planned until September.
View attachment 162815
is your van lowered ?

@Amymax18. Only sort of! I reported on my suspension work back in October last year but in simple terms, the new set up raised it at the back and lowered the front to even things out. I reported on it here with before and after photos:
Not today but yesterday, we did the 155 mile round trip up to see Steve at CRS Performance in Cannock to get the suspension changed. Koni Sports Shocks, Evo Technik Springs and H&R Anti Roll Bars front and rear took a couple of hours to fit and have transformed both the ride and drive of the van. The rear end sag caused by the camper conversion has also been sorted out so it looks nicer as well. Even my wife was impressed on the drive home. A big thanks to Steve who I would recommend very highly to anybody looking for a similar update - he knows his stuff and is a nice bloke into the bargain.
View attachment 133982
View attachment 133983

Last edited:
Fitted some black mega stretch carpet to the offside rear Kombi panel with recycled bottle insulation and silent coat underneath.

One down, several more to go :thumbsup:

Also, just had some Meyle HD top mounts and drop links delivered.

Intending to remove the stock struts without taking off existing spring/top mount - saves killing myself with spring compressors anyway :rolleyes:

Hopefully get started on fitting these after work today/tomorrow….

7C09FCF3-A22E-481F-AC13-3F8FFBFA1485.jpeg

Last edited:
Managed to do one front coilover in 2.5 hrs :thumbsdown:

What a ball ache :oops: wish I’d paid the money for someone to do it.

Oh well, got the other front one to do which should be a bit quicker as I’ve now done one.

Then the rears that look to be piss easy in comparison - might have it done by Monday lol

Popped a gloss black badge on with mat wrapped backing. Not too sure on the quality of the Vanstyle badge, it feels flimsy and a few of the clips broke when trying to get it back on the van.

View attachment 162696

For the back one I’ve kindly received some grey wrap from @Petezum and wrapped the backing in grey with the gloss black badge. Looks awesome I think :cool:

View attachment 162698

Still need to find some time to cut the chrome one off!
How did you black out the chrome strip please?

So, today was better - second front coilover and both rears done and dusted in 4 hrs.

Still think I should have paid to have them fitted but it’s done now…

4C688C28-6679-4BF3-9DD1-2140146993D9.jpeg

STXs - front and rear all the way down - there is no weight in my van it’s just a Kombi.

Wheels next - might need to raise the front slightly but will decide when I get the wheels - not decided on 19” Canteras or 20” Navis Twins or Supermetal Cells or whether to go bronze or silver or gun metal :whistle:

BAB4D04D-0E39-47B6-8D15-DBFCA29FF614.jpeg840B5AD5-E225-417E-98FF-648FD72F07D3.jpeg

Back