What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

On the back of Chris @Dav-Tec sharing that he is now offering ABP air suspension installations and having a small issue with one of my ABP pressure sensors I decided to speak with Chris.

As my current set up is 3P (pressure air lift system) it really was a no brainer to upgrade to 3H (Height air lift system, maintains the height of the van automatically). My current set up also has a single compressor which is bloody noisy, so off it comes and on go two high pressure low noise compressors.

It sounds easy but there is so much more that has to take place to get the above done and I can’t wait to get it done.

@Dav-Tec will be doing a write up on the above come the end of the month.

Can’t wait!

Fitted the roof rails for my canoe rack.

View attachment 152313
View attachment 152314
View attachment 152315
I’m just hoping the roof stays shut next week on the M6!
Looks good Chris. I have a Karitek triple kayak setup. The centre J bar is turned 180 degrees, and the straps go over the canoe and through the bottom of the J. Are you strapping front and rear also? I left my front towing eye on semi permanently but now I wonder about it being stolen...

Looks good Chris. I have a Karitek triple kayak setup. The centre J bar is turned 180 degrees, and the straps go over the canoe and through the bottom of the J. Are you strapping front and rear also? I left my front towing eye on semi permanently but now I wonder about it being stolen...
Cheers Dave, yes I am planning to tie the canoe to the front towing eye and rear to the tow bar.

On the back of Chris @Dav-Tec sharing that he is now offering ABP air suspension installations and having a small issue with one of my ABP pressure sensors I decided to speak with Chris.

As my current set up is 3P (pressure air lift system) it really was a no brainer to upgrade to 3H (Height air lift system, maintains the height of the van automatically). My current set up also has a single compressor which is bloody noisy, so off it comes and on go two high pressure low noise compressors.

It sounds easy but there is so much more that has to take place to get the above done and I can’t wait to get it done.

@Dav-Tec will be doing a write up on the above come the end of the month.

Can’t wait!
Looking forward to it mate! I'm super excited to be doing it!

Don't think so, we don't tend to get them here.

I think it's definitely the council numpties.

You know how you see American newsboys chucking the papers onto the lawn in US TV shows? I'm sure that's what they did, a big heavy roll of food caddy bags was by my gate, but next doors was all the way by the front door.

Very strange, is it still in one piece?
All the tabs are broken, but the lens itself is fine. I either silicone it in or get a new one, and considering my DIY skills I think it's a new one!

Don't think so, we don't tend to get them here.

I think it's definitely the council numpties.

You know how you see American newsboys chucking the papers onto the lawn in US TV shows? I'm sure that's what they did, a big heavy roll of food caddy bags was by my gate, but next doors was all the way by the front door.

All the tabs are broken, but the lens itself is fine. I either silicone it in or get a new one, and considering my DIY skills I think it's a new one!
I think you'll be happier with a new one rather than glueing the old one back in.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
Back