What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Finally finished and fitted a refurb project in a bed / storage box unit that @Phill748 very kindly offered up for free. Repainted, re carpeted, an extra hole made, a luggage restraint system fabricated and fitted and then back into the van. Well happy with the result. At some point in time someone had put a lot of thought and effort into making it originally, really happy that it lives on in its new format!

8B589332-CABC-4D64-93A0-8A56C0550BD7.jpeg

Finally finished and fitted a refurb project in a bed / storage box unit that @Phill748 very kindly offered up for free. Repainted, re carpeted, an extra hole made, a luggage restraint system fabricated and fitted and then back into the van. Well happy with the result. At some point in time someone had put a lot of thought and effort into making it originally, really happy that it lives on in its new format!

View attachment 134251
Excellent work and up-cycling!

Nice work. How did you “fix” the HDMI socket?
Blank panel from CBE. One of these HDMI dismantled. Blank panel drilled and filed out to just about take the HDMI aperture with force and then hot glued in place from behind. Worked a treat. Fiddly and time consuming though. You can it as a double or single. Saves having HDMI cable draped across the van when you want to plug something into a screen up the front, you can just plug the lead in next to you. Just need another one fitted up the front, with an HDMI lead between the two, for the TV to plug into.

So want to be able to machine polish mine got some light scratch’s shows up on cherry red but it scares the shit out of me
I first learnt on a freshly painted car. Spray water on the paintwork, compound polisher on not to high a speed and go light on the pressure when buffing. It's all a learning process but isn't as scary as you think once you are going. Think of it like anything else it doesn't hurt to do multiple light passes but if you go to hard the only way of putting the stuff back on is with a paint gun.

hoofed a wheel on the back
Used to have my BFG on a roof basket but got bored with not fitting in loads of car parks ! stuck it back underneath now but still 2.1m with roofbars so gotta stay alert. :) Like your option though.

@Bynxy. Not wishing to put the mockers on you but I hope you've got some decent security for that!

I know what you mean using locking nuts for the wheel and good luck to them if they get it off more likely to do themselves an injury hopefully ;)

I know what you mean using locking nuts for the wheel and good luck to them if they get it off more likely to do themselves an injury hopefully ;)
I know you should be able to leave your vehicle without fear of loss / damage but that spare wheel is asking for it. 2 minutes with an hacksaw and the wheel will be gone and the rack trashed. I hope you live in a quiet area.

Back