What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Finally finished and fitted a refurb project in a bed / storage box unit that @Phill748 very kindly offered up for free. Repainted, re carpeted, an extra hole made, a luggage restraint system fabricated and fitted and then back into the van. Well happy with the result. At some point in time someone had put a lot of thought and effort into making it originally, really happy that it lives on in its new format!

View attachment 134251
And now with IKEA mattress, absolutely perfect fit!

1DD14522-BBD6-4E80-B2CC-7042592AD4A5.jpeg

@Bynxy. Not wishing to put the mockers on you but I hope you've got some decent security for that!
Totally agree! I saw a shocking bit of footage at the weekend…. recorded on a rear facing dashcam, low life scum taking a bike from a Tranporter bike rack/carrier. They weren’t interested in the first bike, they wanted the one underneath…. they had absolutely no regard for either of the bikes, the rack or the van…. they literally wrenched the first bike off, then the second…. who knows what damage was done to the tailgate?
Again, not wanting to p#ss on your fire, but I’d seriously have a rethink on that one.

Just a little one today. Slightly annoyed they’re not identical… just don’t look at both sides at once :slow rofl:
BF83C70D-42B5-47A7-ABED-361AE6029868.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Fitted some Sounds Like a Golf door seals and a strip for between the windscreen and dash.
The drivers door needs only a slightly harder push to close (but not enough to annoy me). Just have to hope I don't get the water pooling that happens to some. Shame they weren't put on prior to yesterday when it pissed down.

Had a few weeks off (not through choice!) so did a few bits.
Fitted Folding mirrors and finished the sequential indicators off and added small led lights to the mirrors.
https://youtu.be/8yVMGH19Jgg
Mirrors were carbon dipped before fitting.
View attachment 53548
View attachment 53549
Fitted a usb outlet and switch for the multi behind the dash.
View attachment 53547

Fitted a second alarm indicator on the passenger door for the sake of it and changed both led's to blue for a better effect.
View attachment 53550
@Alan Walsh - Did you have run the cable for the 2 nd alarm indicator from the drivers side door, or can a supply be picked on the the passenger side.

Very neat job! Nice one
More than anything I wanted to see what the suppliers quality was like before I ordered several other bits.
I now need gearknob inspiration. More oem style than aftermarket

Some quick bits before the big stuff starts on Monday.
Dash gap filler:
819BDF33-C0A0-4DFB-804C-A4CA449E0D69.jpeg

Bumper protector:
50676275-A40F-4470-89CB-866001C666B4.jpeg
Door shut protection:
474C3948-0579-4502-8BF3-2BBCFC99A2DB.jpeg

Heko deflectors:
1E558966-B0F2-4E80-8103-782D78F3D008.jpeg

Also attempted to fit Travelin-Lite Golf Door seals and found to be the least sticky seals adhesive ever!
Despite cleaning with isopropyl alcohol and making sure the doors were perfectly clean, I still ended up throwing the seals in the bin!
Can anyone recommend a decent supplier for Golf door seals that will actually work?

May just have been too cold?
I reckon it was too cold and humidity was off for that job today. You could always retry with the seals using a roll of thin twin stick type tape, even the 0.5mm foam version. (There are thinner available but some of it is glorified sellotape!)

Maybe. The seals are now royally buggered and I was unimpressed that they were so very unsticky. Maybe I should not worry about them and buy more to fit next year when the sun is out!

Back