What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Looked at it. Agreed with myself that it definitely needs a wash! Looked at the sky. Agreed with myself (again) that it can wait as “the rain will help loosen the crud” before washing it another day!

Quite an agreeable day actually!

Bought a pleated blind and had a go at fitting to the rear of a ply panel that I made. Then carpeted it and put it in with hidden trim fixings. Not totally pleased with the way all the clips have (or haven’t) gone in properly, but I’ll tinker with it tomorrow.
That was my tester. I’ll buy the other 3 blinds now and make the rest.9AF43C29-3811-4E83-BF26-B87DBAA8856F.jpegEB55E24F-2EA6-4BA8-9EA3-04BA1535D491.jpeg

Bought a pleated blind and had a go at fitting to the rear of a ply panel that I made. Then carpeted it and put it in with hidden trim fixings. Not totally pleased with the way all the clips have (or haven’t) gone in properly, but I’ll tinker with it tomorrow.
That was my tester. I’ll buy the other 3 blinds now and make the rest.View attachment 91754View attachment 91755
Ooh! I like that....a lot! Very tidy work

I repeated what I did in post #4242 but on the other side. It is important to be consistent and pace yourself when you’re doing these things!
The bonus was being allowed an early beer for my efforts!

Slowly going through the conversion process, thought I'd start on the floor and removed the rear threshold near the tailgate. Looked a bit grubby and full of dirt, wondered why the latch had wires, thought it maybe for the towbar
A738C6D8-B9C7-4B75-8614-3B9E89D456E4_1_105_c.jpeg

Unbolted it and it rattled when shaken,took it apart to realise its a powered latch. It's not worked in the 4 months I've had the van

DD341F71-AD1F-4F80-B358-27EEE5662D10_1_105_c.jpeg

cleaned, regreased and put it back, all working fine.

What a bonus, I've now removed the extra door seal I put on the tailgate because I could see through it when it was closed, no wonder it didn't seem to fit properly Duh!

Slowly going through the conversion process, thought I'd start on the floor and removed the rear threshold near the tailgate. Looked a bit grubby and full of dirt, wondered why the latch had wires, thought it maybe for the towbar
View attachment 91802

Unbolted it and it rattled when shaken,took it apart to realise its a powered latch. It's not worked in the 4 months I've had the van

View attachment 91803

What a bonus, I've now removed the extra door seal I put on the tailgate because I could see through it when it was closed, no wonder it didn't seem to fit properly Duh!
Wow! Bonus find!

Just done a test fit on the wireless reversing camera in my barn door trim, as recommended here Aftermarket Rear View Camera
PXL_20201115_113350137~2.jpg
Need to remove the temporary woodwork in the van to get to the D-pillar before fitting permanently

Reactions: CAB
View attachment 91802

View attachment 91803

Happy days. :thumbsup::D

Back