What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted upper and lower red grill trim strips to replace existing chrome top ones and black bottom ones.
Also fitted new matt black badge grill with body coloured back plate.
Told the wife the go faster red strips gave another 5 bhp, not sure she believed me, though!!!
View attachment 62388
View attachment 62389
Quite happy, with what is relatively a cheap mod.
Existing strips came off quite easy with a set of trim tools. Didn’t break anything, so I can always refit original trims, if I get bored of these.
What is the trick to get the backing behind the VW badge in the grill the same colour as the van? Is it sprayed or is there a clever way to do it with vinyl wrap or something? It adds a nice touch I think.

What is the trick to get the backing behind the VW badge in the grill the same colour as the van? Is it sprayed or is there a clever way to do it with vinyl wrap or something? It adds a nice touch I think.
The backing and the badge come off the grill really easily and the backing can be simply wrapped in any colour of vinyl you choose.

Had a body shop spray them, cost of the black backing part was just over £4 from Vw. 1hrs labour with £10 of paint in total and they did 4 of them for this cost.
If I could have found a Bamboo Green wrap, I would have done, but unfortunately, I couldn’t.

Was it a straight forward enough job? Was it a case of simply removing the wheel and covering the surround brake discs before spraying?

I used E-tech brake caliper paint, I sourced mine from Amazon for £18. Didn't bother removing the calipers, and didn't turn the wheel to get round the back as I was using a standard jack. Three coats were required and it takes 30 mins to cure in between paint phases, then a further 24 hours to harden.

Essentially did the same as @Dellmassive in his YT vid :)

Made myself a double wireless phone charger for mine and Er indoors phones while we are travelling. Cost £10 for the two wireless chargers from Ebay which I stripped down and removed the electrickery then made a box from some plastic I had laying around using hot glue and hot glued the electrickery into the box and a cover over it. Works a treat. I will be spraying it mat black to blend it in to the dash.
62452-f0a326b9952f59e95fee65f3208d89ae.jpg62453-9b1a8e7ad5db6f50ba9fb36a0839cb41.jpg62454-6820916e604f8b5daffac658ca60808b.jpg

Cleaned the van today and fitted some front mudguards. Friday I fitted the glovebox kit from saxoboy.

Now need to pack for our first night away next Saturday!
I should probably add a big thanks to saxoboy for his great kits and his patience with my incompetence!

The guys at AJC have been busy with the build... Another week or so to completion...

All the units are handmade and they have a great pride in attention to detail...

Looking forward to seeing the finished product and finally using the van...!

View attachment 62335 View attachment 62336 View attachment 62337 View attachment 62338 View attachment 62339 View attachment 62340
That’s one serious setup there mate.
I can see blown air heating and various pressurisation units, what exactly is the spec you have gone for?

Existing strips came off quite easy with a set of trim tools. Didn’t break anything, so I can always refit original trims, if I get bored of these.

@moomin-j do you mean the existing chrome strips on the top grill?
- looking to change mine to black and hoping the chrome trim just comes off.

thank you :)

Back