What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Today. We had our new wheels fitted. They look amazing.

View attachment 58463

The only thing is that I have no clue what type of alloys these are (apart from cool as f***). How do I know which caps will fit in the holes?? (sorry, very technical speak I know). Any ideas or suggestions??
:)
Details of the tyres and wheels that man!! :)

I have no idea what they are. They are absolutely amazing though. We love them and they suit the van so well.
:D
Hope you dont mind me asking, but if you have no idea what they are, how do you know they are weight rated?

We got them off a guy who was selling them as he got new wheels for his vw t5. He showed my hubby his new wheels on his van... they were 20s I think he said, nice but a bit too fancy for us.

I saw a T4 with Audi MK1 TT wheels on it the other day! Correct PCD yes, load rated mmmmm.....

Last edited:
Just looked closer at the alloys. Clearly marked JWL-T, VIA and 955kg.
So they look to be okay judging by the internet (exploria website).

My dad (yep, I asked him too) said that the garage would have told me if the wheels weren't correct for the van. We have used the same garage for my dad's whole driving life (well, most of it anyways).

So, it's all good.

What have we done today.... well, hubby has just finished washing it.
:D

Busy busy Sunday...
1. Installed Traveline lite footwell lights (red/blue/white options) comes on when door activated and fades with cabin light
2. Heko windbreakers
3. VW Skull decal on wing mirror
4. Hardwired dashcam to switchfuse

IMG_20200119_184229.jpg

IMG_20200119_165342.jpg

IMG_20200119_184220.jpg

Last edited:
Fitted the front b14`s only to be defeated by the light and 4motion on the rears, I think I have to take the drive shafts out to get the springs out. A job for tomorrow!

Busy weekend, upgraded the interior light ( from Matt ), fitted it with lovely LEDs. Put the original interior light in my T5.1 and then put LEDs in that too.

Upgraded the DRL bulbs from halogen to LED in the T6 and the T5 and then got rid of the terrible H4 headlight bulbs in the T6 and fitted H4 5000k super bright halogens and I'm pleased to say that they are a massive improvement over the original crappy ones

The 250W panel being put into the Reimo roof today...

View attachment 58766
View attachment 58768

I have always fancied a large solar panel but never liked the box and wires. Love the way they have routed into the roof.
Would love some more pics of the interior when you get it back to see how they have run the cables (if visible at all)
If you're pleased with the results make sure you shout out the converter so we can all pop along. :thumbsup:

I have always fancied a large solar panel but never liked the box and wires. Love the way they have routed into the roof.
Would love some more pics of the interior when you get it back to see how they have run the cables (if visible at all)
If you're pleased with the results make sure you shout out the converter so we can all pop along. :thumbsup:

I believe its AJC conversions from Glossop, near Manchester?
Family run business, that's been converting Vw's for over 10 years. Completed mine in 3 / 4 weeks, exactly how I wanted it.
Very, very pleased 9 months later.
Would recommend looking at facebook - @ AJC conversions facebook
Photos from my conversion are dated 11th April 2019 if anyone wants to see install details

Yes, ajc it is, the routing is very precise and takes a lot of care, the depth is just right as to leave the interior roof cloth intact but remove the fibre glass section... The cables won't be visible but i'll post some pictures when its finished....

Yes, ajc it is, the routing is very precise and takes a lot of care, the depth is just right as to leave the interior roof cloth intact but remove the fibre glass section... The cables won't be visible but i'll post some pictures when its finished....
That's the neatest solar instal I have ever seen. Great job. :thumbsup:

We were going to use AJC but went with a converter closer to home. Upon visiting to look at their site and visiting them, they seem to really care with what they are doing. Really great company.

Am quite jealous of that solar panel fitting though.

Back