What Have You Bought Today?

Bugger, I was only pricing them up this morning as a potential buy. That said, I don't really understand how yours could be so different from the 'car / SUV' version that I've got on another car, albeit in 20" form and whose performance on every surface has been exemplary - that's the main reason that I was looking at them for the van (but they would be 17").
Mine are the 17” SUV versions. I spoke to the Michelin rep when I was getting them a year or so back and he advised the SUV version over the Agilis van version if I wanted better grip, the Agilis are made for a van that spends its life on the motorway but wants better grip in the winter while the SUVs are a bit softer compound and are supposed to give a bit more grip at the expense of longevity. I’d been happy with them for a year until I went to Scotland in Feb and they met snow for the first time. I pulled into a lay-by to let someone past and found myself on 3-4” of snow with the front wheels going nowhere. Had to turn off traction control and put grip strips under the wheels to be able to get back on the road. Then while back garden camping with my granddaughter this summer, the wheels wouldn’t go anywhere on wet grass and dug little ditches in my lawn :confused:

Now looking for something else a bit better, but looking more likely I’ll go for all terrains

As I said, my experience of the SUV version is a bit different to yours but you’ve said enough for me to do a bit more thinking for the van! Please let me know what your research and / or further experiences turn up. FWIW, there’s another guy on here who bought the Agilis Cross Climates for his California and couldn’t speak highly enough of them:

As I said, my experience of the SUV version is a bit different to yours but you’ve said enough for me to do a bit more thinking for the van! Please let me know what your research and / or further experiences turn up. FWIW, there’s another guy on here who bought the Agilis Cross Climates for his California and couldn’t speak highly enough of them:
I always put my own experience ahead of other people’s opinions or experiences, we all drive differently, in different circumstances, and are comparing them to different baselines depending on what we’ve driven before. All I can say is I’ve found them not good enough for me and I wouldn’t buy them again. YMMV :thumbsup:

Love the new colour but personally I think they would look better with some centre caps and bolt covers instead of these star things which I never liked from day one (only IMHO obvs).

Been thinking about doing exactly the same! Where did you get the wheels done and what was your total cost?

would also be interested to learn your new mpg and what you think of the road noise. ;)

@czmate1999 My Storey is much the same getting stuck on grass verges had my B.F.G.s nearly a year now not seen much notable difference on MPG 34 - 36 MPG loaded on a run and the road noise depends on the road surface but its not much the Db readings also show this mine will save my back doors getting dented again being pushed when stuck ... Nick

Been thinking about doing exactly the same! Where did you get the wheels done and what was your total cost?

would also be interested to learn your new mpg and what you think of the road noise. ;)

Oxmanor alloys near Oxford . Did I a great job & great customer service.
Busy boys though !!

my concerns also plus the weight of the things won’t help !
worth a go, currently running Michelin cross climates so these will be very different .

look the nuts mind !!:cool:

my concerns also plus the weight of the things won’t help !
worth a go, currently running Michelin cross climates so these will be very different .

look the nuts mind !!:cool:

@Brennanpj dont they just nice on them wheels with the Van gearing you wont notice any difference they made to take a load

and welcome to team Swamper lol

Love the new colour but personally I think they would look better with some centre caps and bolt covers instead of these star things which I never liked from day one (only IMHO obvs).
I’m exactly the opposite, the star centre caps are what make the Devonports for me, I think they look really plain without.
Love the colour of these and the tyres, this may be my next move so interested to hear how they work out.

After fitting the Kenwood mini amp from Jason at Absolut5, I noticed a good improvement but I decided to bung a set of Focals on my visa. I was going to wait a month or two but 'want' got the better of me. I'm weak.

Back