What Have You Bought Today?

Some upgraded speakers for my doors, to replace the upgraded speakers I have in my doors, that were an upgrade from OEM toilet paper speakers.

If only I’d stop buying things, and then rebuying them I might be able to retire :rolleyes: :whistle: :(

Right, I am self diagnosing a serious mental disorder….

Less than 2 weeks after selling my lithium leisure battery and DC-DC, that I only installed about a month or so ago, and then decided I didn’t need so removed, I now have the exact same lithium battery and dc-dc in my shopping basket :oops:

WTAF is wrong with me?

Last edited:
It's called transporter-itis where the brain never functions right whilst in ownership of a transporter and makes your wallet function like its got diarrhea. I have the same issue. Only curable by being stoned to death by wife. HTH

What’re the benefits/advantages of these over the Alpines then?
I always spend at least a few days mulling it over before buying anything & going by reviews I spent time reading on here for both & also the advice from those that have had/heard both (I’m not able to do a direct comparison myself as I’ve never owned the Alpines), these are meant to be higher quality units & in turn produce much better sound quality. Thats generally the clear consensus.

It was a toss up between the two for me, and the saving with the EBay Voucher meant I could go for the more expensive of the two. I think it’s safe to say either would be a big step up from the OEM speakers. So then it mainly comes down to personal preference in how much of a priority the audio is for you & most importantly budget, I guess.

I always spend at least a few days mulling it over before buying anything & going by reviews I spent time reading on here for both & also the advice from those that have had/heard both (I’m not able to do a direct comparison myself as I’ve never owned the Alpines), these are meant to be higher quality units & in turn produce much better sound quality. Thats generally the clear consensus.

It was a toss up between the two for me, and the saving with the EBay Voucher meant I could go for the more expensive of the two. I think it’s safe to say either would be a big step up from the OEM speakers. So then it mainly comes down to personal preference in how much of a priority the audio is for you & most importantly budget, I guess.
The £75 off tipped me over the edge also.
They are in their way along with some sound deadening

Lovely stuff mate. The sound deadening I’ve done already has made such a big difference to the cab area.
TBH I've not checked my doors to see if they are already done. If they are I will use it on my laddies car.
He’s replacing his speakers then head unit in his wee nismo juke. So he can fit his sub.
As if it wasn’t loud enough with his custom exhaust, induction kit and blow off valve :slow rofl:

TBH I've not checked my doors to see if they are already done. If they are I will use it on my laddies car.
He’s replacing his speakers then head unit in his wee nismo juke. So he can fit his sub.
As if it wasn’t loud enough with his custom exhaust, induction kit and blow off valve :slow rofl:
Haha. My first ever car was a B reg Polo with an exhaust that would set off alarms on nearby cars upon starting, sub in the boot & 6x9’s cut into the parcel shelf. All been there. Good times imo!

What’re the benefits/advantages of these over the Alpines then?
5 reasons for me, having got the Alpines and now the Gladens…

1. I have the 16.5cm Alpines and the Gladens are a bigger 8” woofer and I am all about the bass
2. I am running an amp and the Gladens have a higher rms power handling more suited to the amp I have
3. The Gladen tweeters are apparently less shrill at the higher volumes
4. I prefer the look of the grilles on the Gladens even though the alpine grilles still look great vs OEM
5. I am a muppet who loves to waste money and pass on savings to you lot on here :whistle:

The Alpines are a huuuuge upgrade from the OEM stuff and will sound really good to most people - I probably didn’t really need to buy the Gladens having already owned the Alpines but here we are.

Back