What Have You Bought Today?

Here’s a link to his eBay listing
There’s a thread on what’s involved with activating cruise control if your van didn’t have it to start with. Do a search.
Getting the correct buttons isn’t particularly easy as they need to be from a T6 to work and be same colour lit up.
No worries if take a look thanks matey

4 Davenport’s with new tyres for my T5.1 works van.
I arranged the delivery myself as they were pick up only.
I’m super impressed with the service I received.
I arranged the pick up and delivery online on Sunday.
Picked Tuesday for pick up and they have just arrived.
Great service. I was £49.99 for the transportation of 4 alloy wheels and tyres.
It was a company called Paisley Freight.
I got the wheels for a steal at £150. Gave the nice chap on here £20 extra to buy bubble wrap and tape.
So all in I was £220.
I’m needing 2 new tyres for my van and would have been near that for just the tyres.
My vans bodywork is rough now so it’s getting two toned next month so it’s going to look great.

Result IMG_5868.png

4 Davenport’s with new tyres for my T5.1 works van.
I arranged the delivery myself as they were pick up only.
I’m super impressed with the service I received.
I arranged the pick up and delivery online on Sunday.
Picked Tuesday for pick up and they have just arrived.
Great service. I was £49.99 for the transportation of 4 alloy wheels and tyres.
It was a company called Paisley Freight.
I got the wheels for a steal at £150. Gave the nice chap on here £20 extra to buy bubble wrap and tape.
So all in I was £220.
I’m needing 2 new tyres for my van and would have been near that for just the tyres.
My vans bodywork is rough now so it’s getting two toned next month so it’s going to look great.

Result View attachment 232795
What colour are you going for with your work van?

A cheap 'remove before flight' red lanyard.

This will be on my passenger sliding door so when I'm camping and in the van, the key will be clipped onto it. It's red so when I get out the van I'll remember to unclip the key and take it with me! Thus (hopefully) preventing any locked out scenarios!!

1000006964.jpg

I might work out a better way of attaching it to the door grab handle.

I put mine in my pocket. I never leave the van without my pants on.
Ahh but to remember to put it in your pocket, you have to know where you put them in the van, and remember to take them with you when you get out the van.

That's my idea anyway! If I've woken up, and the keys are 'somewhere' in the van, it's highly likely I'd get dressed, get out the van, and forget them. Especially before a morning coffee! This way, they're there in your face every time I open or close the door.

Reactions: CAB
@TallPaul_S. Maybe I'm being thicker than usual but how do you manage to lock yourself out of the van when the keys are still inside? I'm an idiot and I'm sure that if it were possible, I would have found a way after nearly 5 years ownership but no!

A cheap 'remove before flight' red lanyard.

This will be on my passenger sliding door so when I'm camping and in the van, the key will be clipped onto it. It's red so when I get out the van I'll remember to unclip the key and take it with me! Thus (hopefully) preventing any locked out scenarios!!

View attachment 232948

I might work out a better way of attaching it to the door grab handle.
What about hiding a "surf" key on the outside of the van, just for emergencies?
In a small magnetic key safe?

Ahh but to remember to put it in your pocket, you have to know where you put them in the van, and remember to take them with you when you get out the van.

That's my idea anyway! If I've woken up, and the keys are 'somewhere' in the van, it's highly likely I'd get dressed, get out the van, and forget them. Especially before a morning coffee! This way, they're there in your face every time I open or close the door.
I’m very ocd with routine. Lock the van, key goes on the worktop in the corner. Wake up, unlock the van and put it in my pocket.

@TallPaul_S. Maybe I'm being thicker than usual but how do you manage to lock yourself out of the van when the keys are still inside? I'm an idiot and I'm sure that if it were possible, I would have found a way after nearly 5 years ownership but no!
I'm not sure if it can happen but tbh I'd rather be safe than be locked out van, hundreds of miles away from home. I know if you unlock only the tailgate and then shut it with the key inside it locks itself.

I think they lock themselves if you unlock and then don't open a door, right?

What about hiding a "surf" key on the outside of the van, just for emergencies?
In a small magnetic key safe?

Yeah that would be another option.

I'll admit to locking myself in the Caravelle early on. Parked up for fish and chips, got in the back around the table, kids got a bit cold with the wind so I slid the side door shut.

It was only as the soft close did the final lock I remembered that the child locks were on :cautious:

Just done a quick test and the van does lock itself if you don't open any doors, after about 15 seconds. Opening a sliding door stops this. So that's good.

However... Have the sliding door open, then inadvertently press the 'lock' button (easily done accidentally) and then close the door, and the van will auto lock once the door closes. Regardless where the keys are!! I don't know how long the timer on that is. It's longer than a minute or so, as it still did it after that time.

I'll admit to locking myself in the Caravelle early on. Parked up for fish and chips, got in the back around the table, kids got a bit cold with the wind so I slid the side door shut.

It was only as the soft close did the final lock I remembered that the child locks were on :cautious:
Locking yourself inside is fine! And of course you can just walk into the cab and open the front doors.

Back