What Have You Bought Today?

We met up with @interbear to complete the deal to buy a Duvalay Compact Mattress Topper from him. It was a pleasure to meet yet another T6Fer, particularly one who is as nice a bloke as he is (and who also happens to own an equally nice van). Cheers, it was a pleasure doing business with you,

Thanks @Ayjay likewise it was lovely to meet you both today. I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip to Normandy, I will need to direct message you with some tips from Mrs interbear, who hails from Normandy so will certainly have some better tips than me on where to visit!

Have been deliberating over an awning for al fresco dining, but then saw this, which already seemed a good price, Go Outdoors had 15% off, but then headed over to Eurohike website to get more details only for a 30% discount to flash up in front of my eyes. Think it may have been the last one though. Comes with sides all round which is an added bonus.Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 08.45.16.png

How are campsites with these shelters that aren’t attached do they get a bit funny about them in they’re eyes being a tent not an awning or is it usually ok?

How are campsites with these shelters that aren’t attached do they get a bit funny about them in they’re eyes being a tent not an awning or is it usually ok?
I’ve got a decathlon ‘camping lounge’ which is free standing. I pay for an awning and I put that up in my pitch footprint near the van and it’s never been mentioned. Not that I stay on too many sites mind.

Have been deliberating over an awning for al fresco dining, but then saw this, which already seemed a good price, Go Outdoors had 15% off, but then headed over to Eurohike website to get more details only for a 30% discount to flash up in front of my eyes. Think it may have been the last one though. Comes with sides all round which is an added bonus.View attachment 156548
Just ordered one thank you for the heads up about the discount.

Will try and pm you the file they emailed me. I had them fitted a year ago and they cost £135 for each side and £180 for the tailgate. What I like about them is that they don't obscure any of the window
They do look great, Any pictures of the rear blind? Do you have a wash wipe motor?

Bought last week but only today after returning from a glorious weekend in Anglesey have I been able to fit my new rims from Chris @The Van Cave.

Perfect fit with 10’s on the rear and 8.5’s in the front.

Just about tuck on the rears with 1mm clearance.

C4AED575-6C72-4748-B8AD-5499D9F6E1BB.jpeg

76A66E99-16E1-4E5D-902F-718142D54319.jpeg

A4A15827-9EDE-4B07-87C7-36ED573EC685.jpeg

E7F469A4-3DB5-45CF-BD7F-CEFDDBD10929.jpeg

Last edited:
042FE17B-EB1B-4770-A1E1-A81990F81E05.jpeg

Bought one of these for our trip to France in September (wanted one that didnt need drilling to frame) and I have to say its excellent - so much so have ordered one for the back door too now - just so we can get a nice through draft without the midges - Would recommend

Back