What Have You Been Listening To Today?

Carry on up the charts - Beautiful South
A very good call which prompted me to put the same album on in the car. The only problem is that to do so, I had to stop listening to 'Spot The Difference' by Squeeze which is another brilliant album that never fails to get me singing along when I'm alone in the car (at least, I call it singing but my wife says it's more of a nasal whine).

Just reminiscing ....... James...sit down (big hit on Mt Kent )......John Denver..leaving on a jet plane ( end of tour party song )..

Once a serviceman always a serviceman

sorry guys .....:):)

I was listening to ..
Soup (The Housemartins and the Beautiful South album) Last weekend.
Good 20+ songs, ideal on a long journey
Reminds me I saw The Housemartins at the student union about a month before Happy Hour came out. Only about 20 people there.

My Corona....

Ooh, my little viral one, viral one
When you gonna give me a test for corona?
Ooh, you make my ventilator, lotsa fun
Got it coming off of my skin corona

Never gonna stop, hack it up, such a dirty mind
I always get it up, when I think how I might die
D...

Jordan Rakei, Robert Glasper, Max Richter and Tom Misch still.
Currently in a jazzy/reflective state of mind, then when it gets too maudling I work my way through the Beatport deep house charts by looking for the full tracks on Youtube, got to keep fiddling while Rome burns!

Did anyone catch the Lockdown Sessions on Planet Rock?
Musicians playing live from their own living rooms and basements specifically for Planet Rock listeners.
(...and yes it was live, mistakes & all...)
Sam Fish was astonishing, quite superb. And Lzzy Hale, brilliant - its on listen again, well worth harkening unto.

Just looked on PR and theres no direct link I can find, go to planetrock.com click "Playlist" then click "Sat 11th" and "before 10pm" and they're all there. Start with Sam!

Aha! Try this: Listen to MOJO Rocks with Phil Alexander on Planet Rock

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone catch the Lockdown Sessions on Planet Rock?
Musicians playing live from their own living rooms and basements specifically for Planet Rock listeners.
(...and yes it was live, mistakes & all...)
Sam Fish was astonishing, quite superb. And Lzzy Hale, brilliant - its on listen again, well worth harkening unto.

Just looked on PR and theres no direct link I can find, go to planetrock.com click "Playlist" then click "Sat 11th" and "before 10pm" and they're all there. Start with Sam!

Aha! Try this: Listen to MOJO Rocks with Phil Alexander on Planet Rock
Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

Back