What does extended warranty cover?

I've got a 150, and the cost will be

£544 for one year inc VAT
£876 for two years inc VAT
£1146 for three years inc VAT
All plus an extra £180 for a DAS WELT check.

Unfortunately when I bought the Bus, they threw so many optional extras at me, I just stared to panic and say no....

I am also undecided any advice would be welcome!!!

VW roadside included?

I've got a 150, and the cost will be

£544 for one year inc VAT
£876 for two years inc VAT
£1146 for three years inc VAT
All plus an extra £180 for a DAS WELT check.

Unfortunately when I bought the Bus, they threw so many optional extras at me, I just stared to panic and say no....

I am also undecided any advice would be welcome!!!

Confused, see above for what I was quoted for an extended warranty at my dealers, I spoke to my dealer and asked for more detail on the actual cover, and I was sent a brochure which says "Listers extended guarantee" on the front, so today I phoned Listers to discus, and I was told "it is nothing to do with Listers and it can only be from VW itself because of the mention of the DAS WELT CHECK".
Does anyone else have any knowledge of this situation before I phone the dealer again????

Okay....how's this for a head scratcher! I THOUGHT I had purchased the warranty at time of purchase.....no, I'll re phrase that.....I purchased the extended warranty at time of purchase of my kombi. With me so far? I get an email from VW saying my (original) warranty is about to expire....would I like to extend? Hmmmm, thought no more about it until I took it in for its first mot the other day. Still with me....pretty straight forward, right.....wrong! I just happen to mention my extended warranty.
"Huh, what extended warranty Mopardave….there's no extended warranty showing on the system big stud."
"Oh no no no....it has to be there....I paid £329 for it!"
"Not 'ere ya didn't....now run along....there's a good lad!"
"But, but, but.....I did....I know I did!"
"NURSE!.….put Mopardave back in his van and send him on his way! Can you remember how to get home soft lad?"
"But I've got it in writing?"
"You have have you? Bless, is there someone we can call to make sure you get home safely?"
The showroom manager assured me that the dealership DOES NOT deal with extended warranties....the customer has to set it up themselves. Lets just say the salesman who "sold" me the warranty left some time ago and I'll say no more about that for now! I have a printed document that clearly says extended warranty PURCHASED capped at 5 years and 80000 miles! Can you imagine if my engine or gearbox expired after 2nd sept (end of original warranty)….the way VW are with warranty claims these days, I have a feeling I know which way it would go! In fairness to the dealer, they've been first rate so far and I think if anything sinister has happened, they'll do right by me.
Anyone care to offer an explanation?
Answers on a postcard!:confused:

They record it on a different system, called ELSA. So the dealers have to look there, not on the normal system. If you email VWCS, they can confirm that with the dealer. My warranty ran out last week, my first claim on the extended warranty is today...I'd checked 3 years ago and again 2 weeks ago, when it was last in for a warning light, so have this in writing from VWCS, only other paperwork is the invoice from 3 yrs ago.

I had exactly the same thing. It took many weeks of emails and a copy of my bank statement to convince JCT Sheffield to dig further - but they did eventually find it. The only thing I have to support a claim is an acknowledgement email from them that I do in fact have an extended warranty. Its a bit carp really, a confirmation certificate or card would cost pennies.

Right guys, your opinion would be very much appreciated..

My 17 plate van to date as done 14k with one month warranty left, and the listers 3 years extended guarantee inc Auto assist and the Das Welt check will cost me a total of £1066 + VAT (I am VAT registered) so that equates to £29.63 PM

Lets also assume that the equivalent AA cover would cost £135 + VAT PA which then equates to £18.38 PM

Do you think it is good value for money ???

Or should I just leave it and put the money towards a few mods lol

Guess there is a few of us with van's coming up to 3 years old so in a similar position. What is covered with this extended warranty, same as from new? Any excess to pay? Did you get an option to pay monthly? Do you have a magic ball that sees into the future :D Hard call especially if like me you don't use VW for service work. Sure that would get them out of any claims.

Guess there is a few of us with van's coming up to 3 years old so in a similar position. What is covered with this extended warranty, same as from new? Any excess to pay? Did you get an option to pay monthly? Do you have a magic ball that sees into the future :D Hard call especially if like me you don't use VW for service work. Sure that would get them out of any claims.

Defo a hard call, have a read of this, looks like I would miss the first MOT test cover!!!

Attachments

• Warranty Terms.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Hi everyone I am new on here. Has any one got an extended warranty on there t6 and how much does it cost. Also is it worth it and what does it cover ? Cheers

Welcome to the Forum.
Perhaps some help here:

Go to the Volkswagen financial services website. From memory, you can get a quote based on your vehicle, current mileage and different levels of cover etc. I think you can add breakdown cover. With the cost of labour, these days, I’m all for it

Hi thanks for reply. I have been quoted £800 per year for the cover I wanted I think it’s a little too much. What sort of cover would you go for Markgf.

I had a T6102 t28 with about 25k miles on it. That was about £400 without the VW assistance, when it hit 3 years old. For me, that a no brainer. But at £800, it shifts to, worth taking a gamble, and not extending it?? You always have the risk, of a lot of items, being ‘wear and tear’ so the component cover, is worth considering. Alternatively there are other independent warranties available ( Quintin Wilson used to advertise one. Blast from the past) But like everything, you get what you pay for. I’d be thinking, how reliable, has it been. How much do you rely on it. Could you afford to replace an engine (worse case). Have you done any mods, that would render a warranty void. It’s a tough one to answer. I got a new T6.1 in March, mine is in for its first warranty and recall job already!!!!:thumbsdown:

Thanks for reply Markgf . I think it’s a joke VW really know how to rip people off. Can someone who has got extended warranty tell me what they are paying and what is covered and what is not ? Cheers

Back