What does extended warranty cover?

VW Customer Service also reminded me when my standard 3 year warranty was about to expire, they had no record of the Extended Warranty that was paid for and in place.
Had I not been sure that I knew there was valid Extended Warranty already paid for I may have opted for additional cover.
VW Customer Service claim that it is a different part of the organisation dealing with Extended Warranty. Given that this confusion must have been going on for years you’d think there might be some effort on VWs part to link the two databases.
Total fcukwits.

After reading the end of this thread I thought I would check my factory extended warranty shock horror can't find any paperwork
found the receipt £329 checked with dealer I purchased from sorry sir we can't find anything on VW system but i've got a receipt
answer well we may have took the money but not applied for it
asked to speak to original sales person luckily he still works there
reason some of the older warranties going missing is old paper based system they apply email get acknowledgement email VWCV send out posted paperwork
new system July 2018 i purchased 1 week before change over now dealer prints off warranty
so Dave you might have one but they have to track it down on some old system
Also i changed my Reg and that proper f**ked things up
I'm still chasing mine will update tomorrow

UPDATE
dealership provided email they received with details of EW extended warranty the same as cherokee posted great
but their systems don't show EW
so told to call VWCV customer care their system shows EW but don't deal with it
so told to call financial services their systems don't show it and by the way we dont deal with it
so told to call VWUK yes we deal with it and can look it up BUT its not on our system
you've guessed it told to contact the dealership
bottom line is VWUK said the dealership should have put it on the VMS system what ever that is
Hope this may help

I've just had a email from vw wrexham offering extended vw warranty £600 for the year my van is coming upto the 3 years old

An update, and possibly something for others to check...

...when a chap called Andy Williams rang from Sheffield JCT.
Eureka, Andy knows all about extended warranties and it transpires that they had supplied the van to Hillside
so he already had all the van details! He says its a simple process and cant understand why VW and so many
of their dealers were unable to sort it! Wahoo! we have an extended warranty!

Well it seems this was a tad premature.
I took the camper to JCT600 Sheffield for an early first service as to me 20k/2 years seems too long.
From a customer services point of view they were fantastic, real coffee, a lift to Meadowhall, all very nice, polite & respectful.
There were some stunning custom vans in the queue so I was happy they'd look after it, which they did.
They even provide a video for the individual vehicle where the mechanic talks you through your underside checks.
So far so good but here comes the 'but'...

BUT they looked at the vehicle records and declared it had no extended warranty. I've supplied the email train and a bank statement showing my payment, but after maybe 6 emails of gently ascending firmness I still have no idea if the van has an extended warranty or not. Several staff members promised to chase it up with VW but there has been no progress in 2 months. Basically I've paid JCT600 for a product they have not fulfilled. The camper is definitely a 'keeper' so an extended warranty was an obvious choice for me - but another month later I still dont know where I stand. They (JCT) gave me a feedback form which I'm postponing pending some sort of outcome...

Cheers
Phil

Well here's an update on my factory extended warranty finally got an answer via email which said here's the reference number you need and that alone no paperwork
so it's like the virtual service book

My T6 has hit the ripe old age of 3 so the warranty is just about to run out.
Is it worth paying £560 to extend the VW warranty
View on this would be helpful

My T6 has hit the ripe old age of 3 so the warranty is just about to run out.
Is it worth paying £560 to extend the VW warranty
View on this would be helpful
I never realised that was an option, I thought you had to buy it soon after its first reg?

I never realised that was an option, I thought you had to buy it soon after its first reg?
No sure as I bought it a year old so if there was extended warranty on it at the beginning the garage probably thought we will get more money by offering it again to the second owner

Hi guys. Where do I look for a extended warranty , for my t6 it now has 79.000 miles on it and its 3 year old I did take the extended warranty to 80, 000 miles when I got it new. ! but it soon will be running out tks

Hi guys I had the extended warranty up to 80, 000 but now it's going to run out in another 1000 miles and my t6 is just over 3 years old!
Can anyone advise me. Which is, my best option to. Get another extended warranty for another year!
And Where do I get this and what is the cost For up to another 15,000 mes, can any one. Advise me on this. Tks

Im coming up for 3 years old on 24th and had email from the gurus at MK offering additional years warranty for 20k for £1365 Has anyone else been offered anything different. I purchased’Billy’ at 6 weeks old as ex demo with 1k on the clock so 2nd keeper.

My local Van Centre has offered me annual warranty for £330 a year covering major components so will probably give that a go.

Back